Player Discussion Guess Matthew Tkachuks contract for bragging rights.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
This thread is not for debate or any discussion. Here you are to guess Matthew's next contract in term and salary. Once a poster has claimed his bid no other poster my use those numbers. You may not guess more than one time. This is for CFHF bragging rights and you have Corpus X's approval to use these bragging rights in any argument to prove your greatness and hockey IQ. The number that is closest without going over wins!

My number hasn't changed in a year.

7 years 7 million average cap hit per year

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
6.9 AAV x 6.9 years

Gronkowski favourite number special.

Assuming no holdout, that's around 6.81 mil AAV I believe.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
7 years @ 8.5M

I'm starting to think we're going to make a move before the season starts to make breathing room for Tkachuk and Mangiapane.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
7 years @ 8.5M

I'm starting to think we're going to make a move before the season starts to make breathing room for Tkachuk and Mangiapane.
I am sure Tre has a move in the hopper for Frolik for when Tkachuk signs. It'll happen all in one felled swoop, Tkachuk agrees to terms, Frolik gets traded, Tkachuk signs.

We also need to remember that any regular season time missed causes his contract to pro-rate. so even if he signed for $7m AAV, if he waits until Nov. 1, his cap hit/AAV for this season would be in the 8.25m range.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
It’s gonna be a lot. And in my belief more then he is worth. These RFA holdouts and contracts are out of control. Marners was way more then he should of got. I’d say 8 years 8.5

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Another guess... 6.75 x 5 with a structure similar to to Meier deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad