Guelph Storm 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Congrats to Poitras, Buchinger, Zhilkin, and Karabela on being drafted. If Bowman keeps working hard, wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted next year as a re-entry.

The future is bright. Now that he's only focused on the GM role expect George to target a drafted defenseman.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
1) I'm hoping someone here can tell me what the logo on the sleeve of Guelph Storm jerseys represents.
It appears to be a cathedral of some kind.

Online I saw how 5 cathedrals are listed among 10 Guelph landmarks.

Is the cathedral on the jersey simply a generic one, or does it represent a specific one of these buildings?

2) I see how Jake Karabela was drafted in the 5th round of this year's draft by Washington.
Is there a current NHL player that could serve as a comparable to him; if he were to succeed in the NHL?

3) Thanks.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
We need people on the blue line so I would keep Profaca . We also have 15 signed forwards and that number has to drop so although I like what Walker and McFarlane bring to the team It is my opinion that Walker does just a bit more. Hence, I would move McFarlane and Bennett for perhaps someone else’s overage defence man. My picks, Profaca, Walker.
Alot of teams have asked for Profaca in trade and GM George Burnett will not trade.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
here is how i see the roster

LWCRWLDRDG
PastujovZhilkinMcFarlaneMacRaeProfacaOster
KarabelaPoitrasBowmanBuchingerAllenAmidovsky
ZhuginWalkerPaquetteSandhuRobinson
McGuireMcKenzieLuchankoTopp
GrundnerMcKnightCoughlanBrydges
FeldbergMoldenhauer

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
Given Pastujov’s performance at the World Juniors and during last season, I’d be willing to guess that Anaheim will want to have him play at a higher level. So I see him playing in the AHL this year.

I wouldn’t count him into the mix, but we have enough returning players to fill the position. I’d like to see Bowman on the first line as a power forward presence with scoring touch.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
here is how i see the roster

LWCRWLDRDG
PastujovZhilkinMcFarlaneMacRaeProfacaOster
KarabelaPoitrasBowmanBuchingerAllenAmidovsky
ZhuginWalkerPaquetteSandhuRobinson
McGuireMcKenzieLuchankoTopp
GrundnerMcKnightCoughlanBrydges
FeldbergMoldenhauer
Fwds Grundner and Feldberg will be playing Jr B and Jr. A hockey this year.

Pastujov may be in AHL this year.

McRae wont be a top 6 dman and doubt Brydges makes team.

Team would look alot better with Maillett and Sikic, and trading them for OAs from Sarnia seems to have been a bad decision.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
GAvin Grundner is 18 i think he can challenge for a spot he had 52 points as a 17 year old in Jr. B

Also JR. A is the ohl

Storm and Rangers

Aug 28, 2022
Thoughts?

*=OA

LWCRWLDRDG
Pastujov (2003)Zhilkin (2003)Bowman (2003)Buchinger (2004)Allen (2005)Oster (2004)
Zhugin (2004)Karabela (2004)Poitras (2004)MacRae (2005)Profaca (2002)*Amidovski (2005)
McFarlane (2002)*Walker (2002)*Luchanko (2006)Sandhu (2005)Robinson (2003)
McGuire (2004)McKenzie (2006)Paquette (2005)Bly (2005)Topp (2006)
Coughlan (2005)Brydges (2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad