Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Have mixed feelings on the trade deadline. The Storm have played so well so far this season and it would be nice to see that continue however going back to the 2014 - 15 season the team did not move there assets and the following two seasons were not good by any measure. I do not want to see that happen. If the storm were able to bring in a couple of high end younger players I would be OK with that. Thought the idea of adding Vierling from Flint when rumoured made sense and would be the type additions that would set this team up for the next few seasons.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Overall, I think GMGB has done a nice job at recouping some of the assets spent on last year's surprise run.

That said, and this is IMO, if this team really has championship aspirations in the next year or two, I would like to see one of Hillis or Gogolev moved for a young player who can contribute in the championship contention window.

While the team has the picks to load up where needed, I think there still needs to be more added to the base in order to get to that point.

So for me, if there are no other moves, I'll be fine with what's been done.

If he can do what I outlined above, I'll be very pleased.

If for some reason he adds to this team, I'll be disappointed.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Uhhh. Why?

If both picks are conditional, maybe OA potential? If he's only 18, might fit into the window George is thinking. Still a couple of hours to go. Two conditional thirds doesn't seem steep but looking into the guy now as I have no clue who he is.

Edit: He is a RHD, and we are pretty thin on the blueline outside of Chayka the next couple of years. So not a bad move. Don't worry RCS, I don't think this constitutes "loading up" for this year.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Overall, I think GMGB has done a nice job at recouping some of the assets spent on last year's surprise run.

That said, and this is IMO, if this team really has championship aspirations in the next year or two, I would like to see one of Hillis or Gogolev moved for a young player who can contribute in the championship contention window.

While the team has the picks to load up where needed, I think there still needs to be more added to the base in order to get to that point.

So for me, if there are no other moves, I'll be fine with what's been done.

If he can do what I outlined above, I'll be very pleased.

If for some reason he adds to this team, I'll be disappointed.
is it true Gogolev has no trade?..heez certainly worth a LOT if heez available..stay or go ;..I wish him well.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
If both picks are conditional, maybe OA potential? If he's only 18, might fit into the window George is thinking. Still a couple of hours to go. Two conditional thirds doesn't seem steep but looking into the guy now as I have no clue who he is.

Edit: He is a RHD, and we are pretty thin on the blueline outside of Chayka the next couple of years. So not a bad move. Don't worry RCS, I don't think this constitutes "loading up" for this year.

Yeah, not a big move for sure....just not sure if it's necessary.

Conditional picks are: 1 3rd if he plays a game this year, and 1 3rd if he plays a game next year.

Certainly sounds like he could be back next year....always hard to tell with already drafted Europeans though...who knows what the NHL team will want to do.

I would have kept my picks. Call me a doom and gloomer but with the way the Knights and Rangers have loaded up, I'm not sure this player makes a difference.

Anywho, not enough to sour me on the deadline though. If this is it, I give GMGB a solid "B" grade.

Reactions: storm surge

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Yeah, not a big move for sure....just not sure if it's necessary.

Conditional picks are: 1 3rd if he plays a game this year, and 1 3rd if he plays a game next year.

Certainly sounds like he could be back next year....always hard to tell with already drafted Europeans though...who knows what the NHL team will want to do.

I would have kept my picks. Call me a doom and gloomer but with the way the Knights and Rangers have loaded up, I'm not sure this player makes a difference.

Anywho, not enough to sour me on the deadline though. If this is it, I give GMGB a solid "B" grade.

We both knew we weren't going for it this season. I think NTC's played a factor for the Storm this year. Next year GB could move Gogolev and Daws, possibly but unlikely Hillis to move next year too. Still on pace for the same window and we get to watch our top line and Daws for the rest of the year. I'd give it an A-... I think your B comes because we were spoiled last deadline. *lol* This is Saginaw's turn for the splash.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Holy moly was last night frustrating to watch.
Who would have thought the Storm would put up 5 goals in the first period.....only to blow that lead and lose 9-6 yikes.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
newcomer Has on D a fine add.... team seems to need a reboot..they are just not the team they were a month ago..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Gogolev ranked 105;... are they brain dead?..the BS continues.. what does he have to do to crack the top 100;... score a hat trick a night and 200 assists per year.. somethin wierd about this....

Reactions: LR8

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Be two years younger.

That's not to take away from his awesome season but those 2 years between him and someone higher than him putting up half the points is HUGE in terms of possible development at this point in their careers.
makes zero sense to me.. one storm was drafted 1st round by Montreal. for less than half Gogolevs production..he.. (Gogolev).. was badly injured last year and has come back better.. heeza top 10 pick to me..

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
top 10 - 4th round for a third time draft eligible is pretty good especially for a draft as good as 2020 is considered. Is that overall or just NA?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
makes zero sense to me.. one storm was drafted 1st round by Montreal. for less than half Gogolevs production..he.. (Gogolev).. was badly injured last year and has come back better.. heeza top 10 pick to me..

Nope. I'm tapping out. I know you know you better and you're playing a character here.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
top 10 - 4th round for a third time draft eligible is pretty good especially for a draft as good as 2020 is considered. Is that overall or just NA?
top 10... overall..heez an elite talent..period.
seems to be a "lets crap on Pavel crowd".. hovering over this kid..

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
top 10... overall..heez an elite talent..period.
seems to be a "lets crap on Pavel crowd".. hovering over this kid..

No, not all. The crowd probably just feels that third time eligible Gogalev being drafted prior to round four is unlikely. Top ten talents are Byfield, Rossi, Drysdale, Purfetti, and any number of first time eligibles from around the northern hemisphere

Last edited:
Reactions: StormWatcher

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
He isnt the strongest skater around
That hurts his draft stock
NHL history was FULL of guys not lightning fast.. Gretz for one...espo for another..I've seen him undress the other teams fastest skaters of the puck ..(back checking)..and drop in front of shots that would make most step aside..most of the dump laid on him is pure bafflegab.. heeza WINNER.. Most of hiz critics seem to have a common virus.... On top of his game he can totally DOMINATE a game... and bring all his mates to the feast as well...facts... stats speak for themselves... even with a lg dollop of myopic critics hangin off his game..this fella has overcome much ..heez +++ in my book.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
No, not all. The crowd probably just feels that third time eligible Gogalev being drafted prior to round four is unlikely. Top ten talents are Byfield, Rossi, Drysdale, Purfetti, and any number of first time eligibles from around the northern hemisphere
the crowd?..hoozat... ???. the "crowd" stabbed Caesar....elected Hitler...etc.. you illuminate my contention that he is carrying the burden; of a pack of viral humpffers who have latched onto "something"..for "some reason" ..more to the point.... NO reason at all... nodders at the bucka bear tail gate party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad