Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014
That would make it real easy eh! Haha.

No public list, GM's are emailed who's on waivers when there are people on, but that's about it

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
George on Larry's pregame: "we are sticking with the plan." Referenced earlier moves this season, recouping picks. Stated that they are working on dealing Phillips.
Made reference to social media and rumours, said he has an open door policy for players to talk to him if they're concerned about things they're hearing.

Well done George. The Storm are in good hands.

Last edited:

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
George on Larry's pregame: "we are sticking with the plan." Referenced earlier moves this season, recouping picks. Will be replayed during the 1st for those interested. Well done George. The Storm are in good hands.

Larry also alluding a lot to No Trade Clauses.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Curious
Lets say Hunter wants
Daws+Phillips+Gogolev

Whats your opinions on price?

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
His first born, his first born grandson and 1st round picks until 2025. Yes this statement is silly just like the question.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Evangelista, Rolofs, three 2nds and three 3rds. See why it's not likely to happen?
Guelph player and agent if having no trade clause;.not likely to want to go to London..one very big reason would be playing with a certain "defenceman" on team London....and this Guelph team isn't deep but I sense a great comradery... a good gel and heart,,

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
I'm not convinced a trade with London is possible- I'm sure they would want Daws plus Phillips or Gordeev but other than draft picks what do they have Guelph would want? Storm need 02 forwards- Evangelista and Stranges aren't going anywhere so that leaves McGurn and Panwar- who have a whopping 2 points each this year! That leaves picks- would London give up 2-3 2nds and a couple of 3rds for Daws and an OA dman, plus conditionals if Daws returns next year? Be interesting to see what George will do.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I'm not convinced a trade with London is possible- I'm sure they would want Daws plus Phillips or Gordeev but other than draft picks what do they have Guelph would want? Storm need 02 forwards- Evangelista and Stranges aren't going anywhere so that leaves McGurn and Panwar- who have a whopping 2 points each this year! That leaves picks- would London give up 2-3 2nds and a couple of 3rds for Daws and an OA dman, plus conditionals if Daws returns next year? Be interesting to see what George will do.

Burnett may have been looking at Rolofs. No idea about the kid but if he is projected to be good, having him in his 3rd year isn't bad, more ice time in Guelph. But yes, if Evangelista and Stranges are off the table than it is no deal for top goalie, top 5 forward and NHL drafted solid D together.

George is mainly focused on Phillips right now as LA wants a decision made by Monday, be it Guelph or elsewhere.

The top line seems set on sticking together so we shall see.

Reactions: barrel129

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Guelph player and agent if having no trade clause;.not likely to want to go to London..one very big reason would be playing with a certain "defenceman" on team London....and this Guelph team isn't deep but I sense a great comradery... a good gel and heart,,
I feel like this is a fan thought not a player thought. If the players do all feel that way I hope their agents have all told the San Jose Sharks they'd rather not take their money to play there too..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I feel like this is a fan thought not a player thought. If the players do all feel that way I hope their agents have all told the San Jose Sharks they'd rather not take their money to play there too..
ask the fellers who insisted ona trade last year..and their agents and parents..nuff said..

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I find that crazy but I'm not there so it could be true. It doesn't translate well to pro aspirations as I'm sure they will have to play with other guys they don't like at some point. Outside of that if they'd rather play out their junior days in Guelph and have no trades that is their perogative. I do know the London Knights are a better team with Ryan Merkley then they were without him and there are a lot of trade options around the league...

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Memory is not what it used to be. Did Merkley get shipped off to Peterborough before Phillips arrived in Guelph? Just trying to figure out if M and P were ever Storm teammates.
Merkley traded before Phillips arrived

Reactions: nelli27

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
If the price for Jordan Kooy
GPMinSHSAVGAGAASAV%WLSO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
is 3 draft picks (Sarnia gets back a 2nd, 5th & a conditional 3rd),

imagine what the return would be for
Guelph and Team Canada goalie
Nico Daws?
GPMinSHSAVGAGAASAV%WLSO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Not a bad return for somebody we never expected to be back.
Not a fan of giving him to London but if they had the best offer then so be it.
2nd, 3rd and 4th.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Its a good trade for both teams- Guelph gets 3 high end draft picks- London gets a solid high end D man. Guelph is building for 2021-22, this 2nd round pick in 2023 will probably be traded then for a top end player.

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Summary of moves to date and picks recouped after winning Championship year:

OUT:
Popovich
Owen Lalonde
Liam Hawel
Markus Phillips (bonus!)
Ty Collins
10th rd pick (for Wainmann)

IN:
Eric Uba
Wainmann
Bianconi
Five 2nds, three 3rds, 4th, 5th

5th*
2nd*

All in all, if this is the summary at the deadline, as I said before, still a success for George. Would I love a young dynamo to add to the youth group? Of course, but we're in good shape heading forward.

Reactions: TrueBlueStorm

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Summary of moves to date and picks recouped after winning Championship year:

OUT:
Popovich
Owen Lalonde
Liam Hawel
Markus Phillips (bonus!)
Ty Collins
10th rd pick (for Wainmann)

IN:
Eric Uba
Wainmann
Bianconi
Five 2nds, three 3rds, 4th, 5th

5th*
2nd*

All in all, if this is the summary at the deadline, as I said before, still a success for George. Would I love a young dynamo to add to the youth group? Of course, but we're in good shape heading forward.

very good shape indeed

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
With the Wickware trade I'm assuming Nico is staying put. Just 12 yours to go, what if anything will happen. Surprised nothing has as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad