Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Entitlement. An 11th forward in stats should never be on the pp all year. Ruins the expectations and work environment of other players. How can there be “buy in” from all players.
If you are truly “going for it” then play the players who are doing it on the ice not on the back of the jersey.
I truly believe this game has passed george. Playing the 90’s style.

I agree I hope they dont ruin chayka. Also as much as 6 has entitlement I just accepted that now lol.
there are sub plots on this team..Bert and Primeau started to bond and looked really good in season start.. so what does george do?.. he breaks them up..from seasons start ..this club has had guys who wanted out..Wonder why eh?..expect more to come...errrr go I mean....but not the "star".. too late for that..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
If you ask me, the owner of the Guelph Storm is a moron.

Since 08/09, George Burnett has had 5 seasons where his teams where below average, under .500.

Why the hell was he even on your list of acceptable coaches?

This team is their on paper. But this crap needs to stop.

You guys are going all in, its happening. Makes me wonder what this team would be like if Scott Walker was still behind the bench. Or even Skalde.

I hope you guys turn it around in the 2nd half. Ill be at every playoff home game if you do but this team really needs to find what the issue is and work it out or get rid of it. Don't matter who or what it is.
trouble is ;..Walker has been amongst the top bosses for years of bone head decisions ... like hiring George..attendance is half from a year ana half ago.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
The Storm have won 4 of 15 road games this year (not nearly good enough)
Also now 0-4 in shootouts and in shootout attempts they are 5 for 24. 3 of those 5 goals came today and all 3 were just to keep the shootout going.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Some thoughts from a Sudbury fan on the game

I thought for most of the game Guelph was the better team and goaltending won it for the Wolves. I see some complaints about the coaching. To me yesterdays game plan to beat the Wolves was their, use their size to control the puck on the boards and in front. A shorthanded goal in the first and 10 minutes of bad goaltending in the second was the game.

I can see the variious thoughts on Merkley. He played it seemed 35-40 minutes and did not break a sweat. He struggled in the defensive end but my god his skating,vision and passing are top notch. Reminds me of Jake Gardiner.

Ratcliffe, Toporchenko and Samurkov are big and really good.

Basically it seemed three defenseman thredd did not.

Bertuzzi basically invisible.

What skews ice time is specialty teams. Lots of penalties by both sides yesterday so if you are not a special team player your ice time was cut back.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Some thoughts from a Sudbury fan on the game

I thought for most of the game Guelph was the better team and goaltending won it for the Wolves. I see some complaints about the coaching. To me yesterdays game plan to beat the Wolves was their, use their size to control the puck on the boards and in front. A shorthanded goal in the first and 10 minutes of bad goaltending in the second was the game.

I can see the variious thoughts on Merkley. He played it seemed 35-40 minutes and did not break a sweat. He struggled in the defensive end but my god his skating,vision and passing are top notch. Reminds me of Jake Gardiner.

Ratcliffe, Toporchenko and Samurkov are big and really good.

Basically it seemed three defenseman thredd did not.

Bertuzzi basically invisible.

What skews ice time is specialty teams. Lots of penalties by both sides yesterday so if you are not a special team player your ice time was cut back.

I hate to be negative this week but I am calling it as it is. Toropenko really good ??? I have been hearing this every year. But where is this “really good”. The 6 goals in 29 games or in the team forward leading -13. Last year I waited all year as well. Sorry I agree with”big” but the stats have never proven it. Yes some of you will respond it isnt just points but when you dont score fail to have assists and your defence is worst on team then .........what is the point of “being good”. You saw the game last night?? 1 shot no points and -2 again.

PLAYERGAPTS+/-
Nate Schnarr1525408
Ryan Merkley533385
Isaac Ratcliffe2014347
Liam Hawel1115262
Cedric Ralph914237
Cam Hillis81220-5
Barret Kirwin610169
Domenico Commisso31316-4
Dmitri Samorukov213157
Alexey Toropchenko6713-13
Keegan Stevenson83112
Zach Poirier65115
Tag Bertuzzi459-11
Owen Lalonde189-13
Daniil Chayka3588
Jack Hanley257-4
Mark Woolley2357
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I hate to be negative this week but I am calling it as it is. Toropenko really good ??? I have been hearing this every year. But where is this “really good”. The 6 goals in 29 games or in the team forward leading -13. Last year I waited all year as well. Sorry I agree with”big” but the stats have never proven it. Yes some of you will respond it isnt just points but when you dont score fail to have assists and your defence is worst on team then .........what is the point of “being good”. You saw the game last night?? 1 shot no points and -2 again.

PLAYERGAPTS+/-
Nate Schnarr1525408
Ryan Merkley533385
Isaac Ratcliffe2014347
Liam Hawel1115262
Cedric Ralph914237
Cam Hillis81220-5
Barret Kirwin610169
Domenico Commisso31316-4
Dmitri Samorukov213157
Keegan Stevenson83112
Zach Poirier65115
Tag Bertuzzi459-11
Owen Lalonde189-13
Daniil Chayka3588
Jack Hanley257-4
Mark Woolley2357
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
merk ..+ 5 /...really?.. heez in the vid standing around or lazing back on just about every goal against...he has zero defensive instinct ... it runs against the grain of his "style"..he has some gretz magic ... A LITTLE..but its altogether wasted as a D.... and with a bigger heart and discipline and maturity... in a few years he might be able to carry Marners skates for him.

Reactions: hocknow

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
merk ..+ 5 /...really?.. heez in the vid standing around or lazing back on just about every goal against...he has zero defensive instinct ... it runs against the grain of his "style"..he has some gretz magic ... A LITTLE..but its altogether wasted as a D.... and with a bigger heart and discipline and maturity... in a few years he might be able to carry Marners skates for him.

Lather....rinse....repeat.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
ss wish your posts were even a little different. There must be something that is positive, even if it is simple as the lights are working in the arena! Negativity must be something you embrace since you never have anything positive to say. Question is there anything positive in your life?

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
ss wish your posts were even a little different. There must be something that is positive, even if it is simple as the lights are working in the arena! Negativity must be something you embrace since you never have anything positive to say. Question is there anything positive in your life?
need to get your eyes checked..

LR8

Mar 8, 2018

PLAYERGAPTS+/-
Nate Schnarr1525408
Ryan Merkley533385
Isaac Ratcliffe2014347
Liam Hawel1115262
Cedric Ralph914237
Cam Hillis81220-5
Barret Kirwin610169
Domenico Commisso31316-4
Dmitri Samorukov213157
Keegan Stevenson83112
Zach Poirier65115
Tag Bertuzzi459-11
Owen Lalonde189-13
Daniil Chayka3588
Jack Hanley257-4
Mark Woolley2357
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Interesting to see a post like this. It is 100% on point. Very over rated. 4th overall import pick. 4th round NHL pick.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
If you ask me, the owner of the Guelph Storm is a moron.

Since 08/09, George Burnett has had 5 seasons where his teams where below average, under .500.

Why the hell was he even on your list of acceptable coaches?

This team is their on paper. But this crap needs to stop.

You guys are going all in, its happening. Makes me wonder what this team would be like if Scott Walker was still behind the bench. Or even Skalde.

Even with a come back tonight this tea is in trouble.

I hope you guys turn it around in the 2nd half. Ill be at every playoff home game if you do but this team really needs to find what the issue is and work it out or get rid of it. Don't matter who or what it is.

If Walker was the coach, Merkely would be in Siberia. Or dead.

One of the two.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
but LV.. the stink of it still lingers..too deeply ingrained methinks..but thanks for your encouragement..

I could care less whether you're negative or throwing roses. I'm just amazed that you can respond to a quoted post about Toropchenko and turn it into a Merkley bashing post - it's also amusing in some sort of sad way. I think everyone finds Merkley's position is mis-managed, and his attitude stinks - no need to keep trying to convince everyone.

Reactions: storm surge

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I could care less whether you're negative or throwing roses. I'm just amazed that you can respond to a quoted post about Toropchenko and turn it into a Merkley bashing post - it's also amusing in some sort of sad way. I think everyone finds Merkley's position is mis-managed, and his attitude stinks - no need to keep trying to convince everyone.

BUT Imma tells ya one thang LV....the teams ir rotting! ENIGMA is the disease. Coach no einstein NOPE! And did i tells ya about MERK put HIM at cENTRE...spins that GRETZ majik....get ready fer more cummins and goins....i knows the truth u see. no glasses here! just a broke RECORD that won't STOP saying MERK is baaaaaad....like sheep. you know reminds me of MERK standing around LAZy looking....put him up front and hes BEST player ever!!!!! enigma is so bad - everyone hates him and says GO AWAY you are HORRIBLE player

All the best MERK! I just want to see him SUCCEED u know!

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
BUT Imma tells ya one thang LV....the teams ir rotting! ENIGMA is the disease. Coach no einstein NOPE! And did i tells ya about MERK put HIM at cENTRE...spins that GRETZ majik....get ready fer more cummins and goins....i knows the truth u see. no glasses here! just a broke RECORD that won't STOP saying MERK is baaaaaad....like sheep. you know reminds me of MERK standing around LAZy looking....put him up front and hes BEST player ever!!!!! enigma is so bad - everyone hates him and says GO AWAY you are HORRIBLE player

yup..

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Okay, who's the knucklehead who made up this year's schedule? Who gives a team a 4 game week? And at this time of the year when players have left for up coming tournament player tryouts! Somebody seriously needs to give their head a shake.

storm gust

Nov 5, 2017

r
RCS, are you SS in disguise? Love it. Perfect, on point.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
From my views of games, I would rate Toropchenko’s compete level high on every shift. When he jumps off the bench he always gives a full shift. I agree with others that I expected more offence from him given his high draft status. But right now I’ll take his tenacity shift after shift because lord knows we aren’t getting it from others. If he continues to work hard and it wears off on a few others maybe we will see results.

Right now this team isn’t playing with any urgency, they show up one night and take the next two off.

As for Storm Surge, I’ve heard the rumours of dissatisfaction from people inside the organization as well but even if there is, these kids will face greater challenges in their hockey future or in their lives, what will define them as players and quality individuals is how they rise above it, and face it head on, not to run away from it because sometimes that’s not an option.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
r
RCS, are you SS in disguise? Love it. Perfect, on point.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad