Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
At the end of the day, it's all done, move on. Prosvetov got exactly what he deserved, and I glad of it, even being a spirit fan. He has played well and won some big games, but my hometown team and announcer has pumped him up after his antics, and he just kept doing, but now it has paid the final price.

The Murray suspension I question. It was a night hit with elbow but not intentional. He deserves something but 4 games is ridiculous especially when Entwistle is playing every other shift and special teams the next night. Branch and Burnett are long time buddies, don't tell me that didn't come into play.

Regardless, my Saginaw team is in tough against a talented Guelph squad. Let's hope for more good hockey and I hope that Lennox can take this series deep and prove that we are ok with him and don't need any goalie with antics.

Good luck to both.
May I ask how a hit to the head with an elbow can be accidental? Did Casper come along and lift Murray's elbow? Did he all of a sudden get a muscle spasm? There was nothing accidental about that hit.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Depending on the situation and the conversation, these OHLers have been called everything from kids to fine young men.

OHLers do something good, and they're "fine young men". But if thry screw up or, for example, has to put up with any kind of negativity from the fans in the way of heckling etc., then they're "just kids".

I'm of the opinion that they come into this league as kids and grow up really fast - by year two if not earlier.
They also should have by that time a sense of right and wrong and what is appropriate behavior and what is and isn't acceptable. You cannot use the the excuse that they're just excited or frustrated. Like anyone else in any situation their behavior will not be tolerated if they act like a 2 year old stamping their feet because mommy didn't buy them candy.

Reactions: EvenSteven

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Regardless, my Saginaw team is in tough against a talented Guelph squad. Let's hope for more good hockey and I hope that Lennox can take this series deep and prove that we are ok with him and don't need any goalie with antics.

Good luck to both.

I think it's more about whether the team can get back to how they played in the first two games. Lennox certainly looked able to get this series deep provided the guys in front of him play a bit better.

Exciting series so far!

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Saginaw fan coming out for the game tonight. Just out of curiosity, what does parking run at the rink and what's the best place to park. Came years ago and parked in the ramp at the mall but dont remember much more.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Saginaw fan coming out for the game tonight. Just out of curiosity, what does parking run at the rink and what's the best place to park. Came years ago and parked in the ramp at the mall but dont remember much more.
There is parking in the garage, I believe it's 5.00 but if you drive past the Sleeman Centre go through the lights under the train bridge there is a free parking lot (after 5) off the next street. Turn right at the side street. It's at the top of the street.

Reactions: bcspragu

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
May I ask how a hit to the head with an elbow can be accidental? Did Casper come along and lift Murray's elbow? Did he all of a sudden get a muscle spasm? There was nothing accidental about that hit.

I disagree, If his intent was was just to "head shot" Enwhistle then he would have led going in with the elbow. The elbow came about after the initial hit, as a bodily reflex of Murray also bouncing of the boards on his backside.

Hey it's not CSI, but I can see the possibility!

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I disagree, If his intent was was just to "head shot" Enwhistle then he would have led going in with the elbow. The elbow came about after the initial hit, as a bodily reflex of Murray also bouncing of the boards on his backside.

Hey it's not CSI, but I can see the possibility!
If you watch the video you will see he did lead in with his elbow.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
so ahhhh. whats with the high sticks to face non calls.. 4 to Storm so far..watch.. first hit to a Spirit player will be called.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
roughing a long gone penalty..Storm gettin punked ... refs yawn....these refs are in wayyyy over their head..or they have their orders.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Guess the Storm like doing things the hard way. I'll never count them out after they came back and beat London

Saginaw really played well and earned this win

BPFox

Nov 21, 2014
I know it's tough not to in the moment, but I hate when fans cheer after hits like that
You are correct, it is in the moment. These type of hits happen so fast you react to it before really knowing what has happened. Every fan base does it. Usually when you see the replay, you will hear a lot of moans knowing what really happened. If you hear cheers after the replay, those people are the jerks.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I had the (dis)pleasure of taking in the game last night....they were terrible. No cohesion, no apparent plan, everyone playing like individuals and a lot of sloppy play from everyone - top line to goaltender.

Spirit played well, and Lennox should have been one of the stars, I thought he was good.

First time seeing Tippet live since Missy a couple of years ago....he's a very dangerous player and bigger than I thought!

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I think it's more about whether the team can get back to how they played in the first two games. Lennox certainly looked able to get this series deep provided the guys in front of him play a bit better.

Exciting series so far!

How has Gogolev played late season and in the playoffs?

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
How has Gogolev played late season and in the playoffs?
flashes of a good pass here and there ..but from his arrival here when he was great.. till now;....heez got no quicks.. no way is that leg at near 100 %..hope heez back next year ..

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
I had the (dis)pleasure of taking in the game last night....they were terrible. No cohesion, no apparent plan, everyone playing like individuals and a lot of sloppy play from everyone - top line to goaltender.
Well said, RCS. When you add big talent players and throw them in the same play ground it doesn't guarantee that they will get along. Suzuki and Durzi look good together but often forget the other 3 skaters who are sometimes wide open. This happened in Owen Sound as well. Guelph threw away their best cohesion with the Poirier-Kirwin-Ralph line when the big trades were made. That line had cohesion and knew their role on the team. You can't always buy victory and Guelph is learning this the hard way. All this said, the series is still on. The Storm did it to London. It can also happen to Saginaw. Storm has not passed yet. And just one other add on, Lennox was stellar in net for the Spirit. He appears to be accepting the job and rising to the challenge. It should be interesting in Saginaw tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Reactions: storm surge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad