• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Gudbranson. Galchenyuk has been a disappointment relative to his draft position, but he has still has emerged as a decent player and has improved as his career has gone on. One the other hand, Gudbranson seemed like Luke Schenn 2.0 from day 1 and hasn't seemed to change too much.

Reactions: Koivu11

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I don’t really consider Galchenyuk to be a bust even though I had higher expectations for him.

Reactions: 7even

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Galchenyuk is a disappointment, but he's still a top 6 forward. Gubranson is barely an NHL defenseman

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
-Both picked 3rd OA

-Galchenyuk will probaly be a consisent 50 pts player

-Gudbranson is a bottom pairing defenseman

How is this even a question?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They're both NHLers, so neither are busts.

While I could understand your point, I don't like that argument that NHL games played == not a bust. Gudbranson is a replacement level player at this point and when you look at the advanced stats you wonder if and how good he ever was to begin with. Considering he went 3rd overall in a very good draft year and looking at the value he did and currently does provide in the NHL, I am definitely inclined to say he is a bust.

Reactions: BlueDream

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Lmao what? Galchenyuk is a pretty good player, I'm sure any team would love to have him. Guddy on the other hand... ouch.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Gudbranson isn't good... but it's not his fault that the NHL evolved at the wrong time for him to be a player of use.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Gudbranson. Galchenyuk has been a disappointment relative to his draft position, but he has still has emerged as a decent player and has improved as his career has gone on. One the other hand, Gudbranson seemed like Luke Schenn 2.0 from day 1 and hasn't seemed to change too much.

Well interesting we have both now Schenn in Utica. Guess Benning is cornering the market on top 5 pick Dman slugs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Seems unfair to lump Gudbranson in the same category as actual 'busts' like Filatov or Glennie or Reinhart, doesn't it? Or are they just 'mega busts'?
Yeah I think there are certainly different tiers of busts. But 3rd overall, you expect an impact player... at least better than Gudbranson.

I definitely don't believe that making the NHL = success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad