Video Gudbranson v. Downie

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
:laugh: :laugh: He took on Downie as a rookie. Gudbranson will fight anyone on your team, it just happened to be Down syndrome.

Not saying he wouldnt fight anyone. But he sure did start hugging the second he didnt have an advantage in BOTH fights. Which was basically from the start of the Malone fight. Nice nickname, come up with it all by yourself?

Coming from someone who has tried before, do not argue with IdealisticSniper about fighting or the toughness of certain players. It's just not worth it. Gudbranson a pansy? He isn't scared of anybody on the Lightning.

Who said he was scared of anyone to being a fight? IMO he would have gotten his teeth pushed in if he actually fought Malone rather than just hug him waiting for the linesman to come in.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
And Im wrong where exactly? Thanks for the insight.

Had to? Seriously? No one has to stick up for Downie he can handle himself just fine. Doesnt change the fact that Gudbranson wants nothing to do with someone his own size when it comes down to it.

Haha, Malone is a veteran who as of right now is bigger and stronger. Gud is 19. I find it funny Bolts fans are now turning the tables and leaving out the fact that mr. tough guy Downie got beaten in a fight by a green rookie. Just deal with it. I accept the fact that Gud lost slightly to Malone. Deal with the fact that Downie lost slightly to Gud. Funny how Downie stayed away from Gud the next game.

Pot calling kettle. Gudbranson was being a punk throughout both games.

Looked like he handled it just fine. Took a couple of shots like a man and hung in until he got Gudbranson where he wanted and then "Gutlesson" realized he didnt have an advantage anymore and just bear hugged him. I have no doubt in my mind Downie would have gotten in a bunch of good shots if he wasnt hugged to death at that point.

Exactly how was Gud being a punk? I'd love to hear this. Especially coming from a Downie fan. Guy is the biggest punk in the league and uses his past as an excuse.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Who said he was scared of anyone to being a fight? IMO he would have gotten his teeth pushed in if he actually fought Malone rather than just hug him waiting for the linesman to come in.

He's fought tougher players than Malone, who's a fairly bad fighter for his size anyhow. As time goes on, Gudbranson will fill out more and take on much tougher customers in his career than Ryan Malone. If you followed his junior career, you'd know that Gudbranson is a very tough kid who isn't afraid to take on tough guys. He certainly isn't a punk. Perhaps you were aware of the type of player he is, but I think to imply that he was afraid of trading with Malone is off-base.

I will say that Gudbranson may have slightly re-ignited a rivalry between these two teams. He's got 3 fights so far including the preseason, and they have all been against Lightning players (Ashton, Downie, Malone).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad