Video Gudbranson v. Downie

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Was surprised to see there wasn't a video up for this one.
Advantage Gudbranson.

Damn, somebody can... integrate for me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Gudbranson got a couple of nice uppercuts in early. He's a big dude, but he still has to put on some weight/get stronger. I saw him listed at 206 lbs. somewhere, but that's still about 10 to 15 lbs. below what his ideal weight should be for his size/play style. Once he reaches around 220 lbs, he'll be a beast out there.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
downie's a veteran now?

time blows

i happen to remember the time when he wasn't even dry behind his ears

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Gudbranson has a slight edge in this fight but once Downie got inside of him where he wanted to be, Gudbranson just wanted to bear hug because he knew his reach advantage wasnt there anymore.

I found it hilarious when Gudbranson and Malone fought in the next game, Gudbranson just wanted to bear hug the entire time, didnt want anything to do with Malone since he didnt have the large size advantage there. :sarcasm:

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Gudbranson has a slight edge in this fight but once Downie got inside of him where he wanted to be, Gudbranson just wanted to bear hug because he knew his reach advantage wasnt there anymore.

I found it hilarious when Gudbranson and Malone fought in the next game, Gudbranson just wanted to bear hug the entire time, didnt want anything to do with Malone since he didnt have the large size advantage there. :sarcasm:

LOL... OK

JalapenoPeppa*

Gudbranson just kept Downie at arms length and smothered him once he got inside. But yeah, good for him for showing some passion for the Cats.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

I found it hilarious how Downie's teammate had to stick up for him the next game against a 19 year old.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
LOL... OK

And Im wrong where exactly? Thanks for the insight.

I found it hilarious how Downie's teammate had to stick up for him the next game against a 19 year old.

Had to? Seriously? No one has to stick up for Downie he can handle himself just fine. Doesnt change the fact that Gudbranson wants nothing to do with someone his own size when it comes down to it.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
And Im wrong where exactly? Thanks for the insight.

Had to? Seriously? No one has to stick up for Downie he can handle himself just fine. Doesnt change the fact that Gudbranson wants nothing to do with someone his own size when it comes down to it.

Not Gudbransons fault Downie wanted to be an assclown.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Downie gettin tuned up early, but finished pretty strong. Not a fan of Downie, nice to see him taking some shots from a rook.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Not Gudbransons fault Downie wanted to be an assclown.

Pot calling kettle. Gudbranson was being a punk throughout both games.

Yeah, love seeing Downie bite off more than he can chew.

Looked like he handled it just fine. Took a couple of shots like a man and hung in until he got Gudbranson where he wanted and then "Gutlesson" realized he didnt have an advantage anymore and just bear hugged him. I have no doubt in my mind Downie would have gotten in a bunch of good shots if he wasnt hugged to death at that point.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
IdealisticSniper Gudbranson has a slight edge in this fight but once Downie got inside of him where he wanted to be, Gudbranson just wanted to bear hug because he knew his reach advantage wasnt there anymore.

I found it hilarious when Gudbranson and Malone fought in the next game, Gudbranson just wanted to bear hug the entire time, didnt want anything to do with Malone since he didnt have the large size advantage there.

Looked like he handled it just fine. Took a couple of shots like a man and hung in until he got Gudbranson where he wanted and then "Gutlesson" realized he didnt have an advantage anymore and just bear hugged him. I have no doubt in my mind Downie would have gotten in a bunch of good shots if he wasnt hugged to death at that point.

Either you are trying to justify downie's stupidity and bad fighting or you really want a bear hug.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Pot calling kettle. Gudbranson was being a punk throughout both games.

Coming from a fan of Downie, one of the biggest crap starters in the NHL. But keep thinking Downie had a chance :laugh: Gudbranson answered to Malone and even took off his helmet for him, so you can keep talking garbage about something you have no idea about.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Either you are trying to justify downie's stupidity and bad fighting or you really want a bear hug.

I dont even understand what youre trying to say here.

Coming from a fan of Downie, one of the biggest crap starters in the NHL. But keep thinking Downie had a chance :laugh: Gudbranson answered to Malone and even took off his helmet for him, so you can keep talking garbage about something you have no idea about.

So with your logic, because Downie starts things sometimes, it means Gudbranson doesnt start things ever. Got it. And I have no idea about what part? You still havent told me where Im wrong in analyzing either fight. The second Downie got inside, Gudbranson bear hugged. The second the Malone fight started, Gudbranson bear hugged. Please tell me what part Im missing about Gudbranson not being a pansy the second he realizes he doesnt have an advantage.

c0medyClub

Oct 20, 2011
Hongcouver.
Downie is a puke. He's seemed to clean up his act recently however. Nothing about him slashing refs or launching himself like a torpedo at defensemen retrieving a dumped in puck.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I dont even understand what youre trying to say here.

So with your logic, because Downie starts things sometimes, it means Gudbranson doesnt start things ever. Got it. And I have no idea about what part? You still havent told me where Im wrong in analyzing either fight. The second Downie got inside, Gudbranson bear hugged. The second the Malone fight started, Gudbranson bear hugged. Please tell me what part Im missing about Gudbranson not being a pansy the second he realizes he doesnt have an advantage.

:laugh: :laugh: He took on Downie as a rookie. Gudbranson will fight anyone on your team, it just happened to be Down syndrome.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Coming from someone who has tried before, do not argue with IdealisticSniper about fighting or the toughness of certain players. It's just not worth it. Gudbranson a pansy? He isn't scared of anybody on the Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad