Gudas to have hearing for Slash/High Stick on Kucherov [upd. two-game suspension]

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Makes sense - not a super violent swing but still insanely stupid and unsafe to hit a player in the head with the stick. Especially with his suspension history, that's more than fair.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
To the head. Say that again, but add "to the head" to the end. 20 games? Nah, but you can see that the part of the body he slashed is important, right? You do see that, right?
yeah and the difference between this and mcsorley-brashear is also drastic

you see that right? you see that?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
The fact that he got more than Malkin is mind blowing.

Good ole NHL. Never change
I think it makes sense that he got more than Malkin. It is at least possible that Malkin was not trying for the head but just reacted in anger, albeit stupidly and dangerously. He flailed out blindly behind him with his stick. From the video it sure looks like Gudas deliberately targeted the head with a two hand chop. Hard to see it as anything but deliberate.

Reactions: Ms Maggie

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
yeah and the difference between this and mcsorley-brashear is also drastic

you see that right? you see that?

Where did that comparison come from? Walk me through your logic here, it's interesting.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
kucherov kinda asked for that by pulling his stick so far back but it's a really dumb thing to do by gudas as well

probably doesn't deserve anything more than 2 minutes but gudas dug his own grave with the perrault slash

Ahahaha yeah, he asked for it. He shouldn't have worn such provocative clothing. Nevermind, I understand your logic. You one of those people.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Where did that comparison come from? Walk me through your logic here, it's interesting.
there are distinct levels of force differing between the incidents

they deserve different levels of punishment

now stop sucking on your thumb and use your brain

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Hardly a big deal and lmao @ anyone who would get worked up over it to any degree. Still an obvious no-no. Just dispassionately carry out the perfunctory punishment and move on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A bit surprised it was only 2 games, it's not the first time he's whacked someone in the head.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
there are distinct levels of force differing between the incidents

they deserve different levels of punishment

now stop sucking on your thumb and use your brain

You randomly throw out 20 games, which no one said, then bring up the Brashear incident for no reason after suggesting that the player getting hit "deserved it." Then make a comment about thumb sucking. So ask yourself these questions (and don't answer here because I'm not going to read your nonsense anymore and no one else should)...

1) Who are you actually arguing with since no one said those things you brought up?

2) Why are you so easily triggered?

3) Are you OK?

Figure youself out.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You randomly throw out 20 games, which no one said, then bring up the Brashear incident for no reason after suggesting that the player getting hit "deserved it." Then make a comment about thumb sucking. So ask yourself these questions (and don't answer here because I'm not going to read your nonsense anymore and no one else should)...

1) Who are you actually arguing with since no one said those things you brought up?

2) Why are you so easily triggered?

3) Are you OK?

Figure youself out.
you're the one that came in with the attitude bud. expect it in return. and you don't get to call other people "triggered" after going straight to some sort of rape strawman. guess next on your checklist was a donald trump comment? ree?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
More preferential treatment by the DoPS.

Let's not pretend that if Gudas had high sticked a Sharks player, There would be no suspension. There would be no fine. Hell Parros wouldn't even have taken a second look at it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Gudas was trying to slash him and it just got away from him. Honestly, it was probably in retaliation. Kuch likely did something.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Two games is fair if a player has no history. In this case 4-5 games would be more in line.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
More preferential treatment by the DoPS.

Let's not pretend that if Gudas had high sticked a Sharks player, There would be no suspension. There would be no fine. Hell Parros wouldn't even have taken a second look at it.
What does any of this have to do with the sharks?

Reactions: illusory

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
kucherov kinda asked for that by pulling his stick so far back but it's a really dumb thing to do by gudas as well

I wouldn't say Kucherov deserved it, there would lots of whacks to the head every game if that was enough. It triggered Gudas into an angry "Hey don't do that!" whack. It wasn't viscous, and was at the low end of power, but it was to the head.

Two games is probably fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->