Gudas to have hearing for Slash/High Stick on Kucherov [upd. two-game suspension]

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I wasn't even aware anything happened (didn't see the whole game and didn't see anything about it in the threads or boards). Can't find a clip of it. Given his history, I assume he's gonna get some time from it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I wasn't even aware anything happened (didn't see the whole game and didn't see anything about it in the threads or boards). Can't find a clip of it. Given his history, I assume he's gonna get some time from it.

It was way behind the play. I think this is what led to the 5 on 3 in the third?

Bad Gudas. I'm more pissed that Hagg isn't getting a call for his elbow on Paquette.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

ELab2

Apr 9, 2007
Atlantic City
It was very weird. The video I saw seemed like there was no alternative to it being an intentional stick to the head (an aerial puck went by them, but it looked to me like Gudas was already coming down by the time the puck was headed by them), but Gudas’s body language made it look 100% accidental. I think the Flyers broadcast also said Gudas apologized and or checked on Kucherov right after it happened.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It was very weird. The video I saw seemed like there was no alternative to it being an intentional stick to the head (an aerial puck went by them, but it looked to me like Gudas was already coming down by the time the puck was headed by them), but Gudas’s body language made it look 100% accidental. I think the Flyers broadcast also said Gudas apologized and or checked on Kucherov right after it happened.
Gudas and Kucherov are on friendly terms I think.

I don't know - Gudas can cross the line at times, but normally with hits, not stickwork. I'm inclined to believe it was either an accident or a snap decision he regretted immediately. I'm also willing to entertain the possibility it was in retaliation for something Kucherov did - boy is known for his stickwork.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
He basically brought his stick down from above his shoulders directly into the top/back of Kucherov's helmet. Weird play. The fact that Kucherov isn't dead means he didn't swing very hard. Still could be suspended, given his long sit for that slash last season.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
How long does suspension history take in effect?

Had two prior suspensions in october 2016 and november 2017

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Oh crap... I didn’t even see that when watching. I’m also surprised Hagg isn’t getting a call for literally going out of his way to check Paquette in the head.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think he'll get 2-3 games. It wasn't as violent and dangerous as what Malkin did who only got 1 game, but it was a completely unnecessary stick to the head that made contact, and it was done by a repeat offender.

Reactions: Qyburn and berlin

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah that's a really bizarre decision by Gudas there. I can't even say it looks accidental. It doesn't look like he's trying to take his head off or anything, but it definitely looks like he tried to get a piece of him.

Got him on top of the helmet, no damage done. I think this is probably just a reputation suspension given his previous issues with slashing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Gudas' brain just disconnects from the rest of his body from time to time and it leads to plays like this. It wasn't too dangerous as it hit the top of his helmet but it's still stupid and deserves a few games in my opinion, especially with his history. Still, not even close to what Malkin did or when Gudas tried to decapitate Perreault.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
What the hell is going through Gudas' head here? Not sure he could even be able to frame this as accidental with a straight face. The spirit of Philadelphia took over him, I guess......

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
What the hell is going through Gudas' head here? Not sure he could even be able to frame this as accidental with a straight face. The spirit of Philadelphia took over him, I guess......

If I recall his incidents correctly, he only ever does this shit when his team is behind in a game. If you go back through his suspensions and majors, I think all but one or two have come with the Flyers down 2+ goals. Dude gets frustrated and pretty much sabotages any comeback hopes.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
If I recall his incidents correctly, he only ever does this **** when his team is behind in a game. If you go back through his suspensions and majors, I think all but one or two have come with the Flyers down 2+ goals. Dude gets frustrated and pretty much sabotages any comeback hopes.
Ummmm. Flyers have been down in game a lot past couple years. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad