Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Makes sense, we knew right after the last one was released that a third one was on the way.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
First as in timeline or actual release date?

For sure not release date as the first right after is Ant Man and Wasp to end 2018 releases Then in 2019 there is Captain Marvel and the fourth Avengers movie and we know Spider-Man 2 also 2019.

As for timeline it's hard to tell right now. We know Captain Marvel will be like Captain America: The first Avenger in that it will take place back in time (late 1990s in this case). Then there is Spider-Man that is also coming out that year which could be the first timeline wise. But seeing as GotG 3 is part kind of separate being in space etc. who knows as they can set whatever timeline they want I guess. I mean look at Ant Man and the Wasp, it comes out between both Avengers movies but timeline wise, from what we have seen, it seems to take place not long after Civil War but before Infinity War.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I was thinking release. Isn't Infinity War a two-part movie? If so, I'd think Part II would be released after those.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Infinity War - May 2018
AntMan and The Wast - July 2018
Cpt Marvel - March 2019
Avengers 4 - May 2019

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not in love with these characters like a lot of folks are, but the first two films were certainly enjoyable at least. Good popcorn flicks, so I'll certainly go see it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Don't like superhero movies but I've watched Guardians because it's something a bit different. First one was really good, second one wasn't very good at all. They just "tried" way too hard on the sequel, if that makes any sense. Will still check this one out though.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Don't like superhero movies but I've watched Guardians because it's something a bit different. First one was really good, second one wasn't very good at all. They just "tried" way too hard on the sequel, if that makes any sense. Will still check this one out though.
Yea, I think its mostly a different audience. I got bored with the main MCU line after Thor, but still love GoG.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Now that I think of it, not long ago Gunn posted that he had already started witling down the song lost for the third soundtrack.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yea, I think its mostly a different audience. I got bored with the main MCU line after Thor, but still love GoG.
I just watch them if it sounds like something I may be interested in; I really could not be any less interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Gave Spider-Man Homecoming a shot and did not like it. I may check out Thor: Ragnarok because I've heard it's just basically a comedy, kind of like Guardians.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
We didn't have a date, but this one was already basically confirmed, no?

The hope/expectation is that after Infinity War there will be some big reveals and films being slated for production can be announced sans spoilers.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Honestly don't see GotG as "superhero" movies. They are more space fantasy than superhero. Which is likely why these are my favorites from MCU.

Reactions: Pilky01

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Second one wasn't too bad IMO. It was awesome that Yondu had a huge part just the storyline of the whole movie was a little meh. Would have liked for Yondu to survive and be in GOTG3 but it'll be a good one regardless.

GOTG 2 had the better soundtrack out of the two so I wonder how 3's will be.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Honestly don't see GotG as "superhero" movies. They are more space fantasy than superhero. Which is likely why these are my favorites from MCU.

I've never really thought about that, but that may be a big reason why I haven't minded both movies despite hating nearly all modern superhero movies. To my recollection, the main characters in GotG are just characters with unique personalities and skills, not actually superheroes with super powers. If they were flying and super jumping around with lasers coming out of their finger tips, I might not have even bothered to watch either movie.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gotg 2 was a servicable sequel. Flawed but entertaining. Didnt have the magic of the original. Still, I love the dynamic of these characters and the visuals are always great

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The intro credits fight/dance scene really didn't work for me.

GOTG1 started with a tear jerker scene which I think set a great baseline for the jokes to follow; in stark contrast to the first scene in this one, a prolonged stretch of musical sight gags that made me feel like I was watching Saturday morning cartoons.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The intro credits fight/dance scene really didn't work for me.

GOTG1 started with a tear jerker scene which I think set a great baseline for the jokes to follow; in stark contrast to the first scene in this one, a prolonged stretch of musical sight gags that made me feel like I was watching Saturday morning cartoons.
Start of GOTG1 with that tear-jerker leading into that "Come and Get Your Love" sequence really couldn't have been any better. 2's start, along with the movie in general, just felt like it was trying to recapture what they did in the first, at least in terms of the dance sequence vs. the battle sequence being set to similar music.

Reactions: Pilky01

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Second one wasn't too bad IMO. It was awesome that Yondu had a huge part just the storyline of the whole movie was a little meh. Would have liked for Yondu to survive and be in GOTG3 but it'll be a good one regardless.

GOTG 2 had the better soundtrack out of the two so I wonder how 3's will be.

Vol 2 was all about character development and the feels.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Couldn't stand what they did to Drax in the second one.

Other than that it was OK, not nearly as good as the first one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad