GTA GM's meeting - Shoeless Joes Monday September 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
GTA ( Greater Toronto Area ) General Managers are invited to attend an important but recreational meeting at Shoeless Joes ( Spadina and King ) Monday September 20th, 2004 to discuss the upcoming HFNHL season, debate the price of crude, solve all the trouble in the world, and watch the Minnesota Vikings pound the living daylights out of the Philadelphia Eagles ;).

As always, bring your wallet, and an appetite for many barley sandwiches.

cheers,

Kruegs
GM Bruins

p.s. Suggested time is 8pm. However, email me to discuss.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I will be in attendance to watch my Eagles pummel the Vikings.

I'm just not sure which venue will have the bigger egos - Lincoln Field with T.O. and Moss, or Shoeless Joe's with a various assortment of HFNHL GM's.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Even if I managed to scoot up to Toronto for the weekend, I still don't think there would be enough assembled ego-power to counter Moss...let alone Moss AND T.O.!

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!!!

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
T.O is a bum. Always the cancer and can't help himself. Good riddance to him. I really hope he breaks a leg.

GOOOO RANDY AND DANTE!!!!!

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
just a thought but Gretzky's is wireless so we may want to consider that as a venue so we coould include out of towners as well.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Donga said:
T.O is a bum. Always the cancer and can't help himself. Good riddance to him. I really hope he breaks a leg.

GOOOO RANDY AND DANTE!!!!!

T.O. is a cancer...and Randy Moss isn't??? :dunno:

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
If T.O. doesn't get the attention he thinks he deserves...he'll resume his role as supreme whiner and *****er, and Philly fans will be thinking "man he is a cancer in the locker-room".

Just ask Steve Marriuci ;).

I don't recall ever reading any article stating that Randy Moss was a cancer in the locker-room. I can't say the same thing about T.O. though...

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:
If T.O. doesn't get the attention he thinks he deserves...he'll resume his role as supreme whiner and *****er, and Philly fans will be thinking "man he is a cancer in the locker-room".

Just ask Steve Marriuci ;).

I don't recall ever reading any article stating that Randy Moss was a cancer in the locker-room. I can't say the same thing about T.O. though...

Moss has had numerous sideline suck attacks - so don't give me this crap about one being more of a cancer than the other - they're both punks.

And Marriuci? That had more to do with crossing swords with Mr. Walsh in San Franciso. Never a good idea if you want to stay a 49er. That's like Han Solo challenging Obi-Wan to a light saber duel. Bad idea.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Moss has had numerous sideline suck attacks - so don't give me this crap about one being more of a cancer than the other - they're both punks.

And Marriuci? That had more to do with crossing swords with Mr. Walsh in San Franciso. Never a good idea if you want to stay a 49er. That's like Han Solo challenging Obi-Wan to a light saber duel. Bad idea.

I like the Han Solo vs. Obi-Wan comparison, but I actually wasn't referring to Mariucci getting fired after the 02 season and if there were any reasons that might have motivated him to leave. I was referring to the 'not-so-rosey' relationship that developed between T.O. and Mariucci between 99 and 02. On countless occassions, Mariucci pulled T.O. in for 'chats' about his conduct/attitude because it was pissing off his team-mates and management. There was plenty of media hype surrounding their 'discussions' for a solid 3 years, and 'cancer' was a word commonly used to describe T.O. A wonderfully talented cancer, but a cancer none the less.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:
I like the Han Solo vs. Obi-Wan comparison, but I actually wasn't referring to Mariucci getting fired after the 02 season and if there were any reasons that might have motivated him to leave. I was referring to the 'not-so-rosey' relationship that developed between T.O. and Mariucci between 99 and 02. On countless occassions, Mariucci pulled T.O. in for 'chats' about his conduct/attitude because it was pissing off his team-mates and management. There was plenty of media hype surrounding their 'discussions' for a solid 3 years, and 'cancer' was a word commonly used to describe T.O. A wonderfully talented cancer, but a cancer none the less.

Hey, I'm not arguing T.O. has his attitudes problems. But at least he brings it 100% every game. They're both punks in their own ways - Moss because he too blames those around him, but more because he's a bit of a sloth at heart. No one questions T.O.'s work ethic at least - he's just nuts.

A few links of happy reading when you have free time.

http://www.sportsfilter.com/comments.cfm/851

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/kreidler_mark/1436843.html

http://football.about.com/library/weekly/aa093002.htm

For the record, the above links were found in about 15 seconds by simply enter 'Randy Moss' and 'cancer 'on google - which gave 663 hits (those were just the first three). Of note, Terrell Owens and cancer produced 715 hits - which indicates T.O. is slightly more cancerous according to Google (but does Google know what a Cover 2 is?). On the other hand, Moss is about 5 years younger and has so much more time to let his cancer spread...

As I said, both are punks.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
My problem with TO...

...is that he's simply an idiot.

I don't mean to say it in a derogatory manner, i'm simply stating the fact that he's "ignorant".

I'm not saying that I want my athletes to not speak at all to the media (hey, Warren Sapp, Neon Deion and Keyshawn, although at times say stupid things, are certainly entertaining as hell!!!)...but TO sometimes goes too far, saying stupid, stupid things.

In stating "I'm not saying that Jeff Garcia is gay (as if it matters) but like my boys tell me, if it walks like a rat and talks like a rat, by golly, it is a rat (WHAT???)...T.O. just returned to the ice age with that statement...

By the way, if a Jeff Garcia means that my team leader (Browns fan by the way) has the guts and the balls to turn in a gritty performance against a world-class defense like he did last week...hell, I'll take it!

Go Browns!!!

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Hey, I'm not arguing T.O. has his attitudes problems. But at least he brings it 100% every game. They're both punks in their own ways - Moss because he too blames those around him, but more because he's a bit of a sloth at heart. No one questions T.O.'s work ethic at least - he's just nuts.

A few links of happy reading when you have free time.

http://www.sportsfilter.com/comments.cfm/851

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/kreidler_mark/1436843.html

http://football.about.com/library/weekly/aa093002.htm

For the record, the above links were found in about 15 seconds by simply enter 'Randy Moss' and 'cancer 'on google - which gave 663 hits (those were just the first three). Of note, Terrell Owens and cancer produced 715 hits - which indicates T.O. is slightly more cancerous according to Google (but does Google know what a Cover 2 is?). On the other hand, Moss is about 5 years younger and has so much more time to let his cancer spread...

As I said, both are punks.

We'll have to take this debate to the bar Nicolaiovitch. However, wrt performance of these two top receivers, I propose a wager - a 6 pack that Randy Moss will outperform T.O. on Monday night. I propose 2 x total yardage + 50 pts. per TD. Total points wins. Are you up for the challenge, or will you go sulk and whine like T.O. did when he first found out he was headed to Baltimore...

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:
We'll have to take this debate to the bar Nicolaiovitch. However, wrt performance of these two top receivers, I propose a wager - a 6 pack that Randy Moss will outperform T.O. on Monday night. I propose 2 x total yardage + 50 pts. per TD. Total points wins. Are you up for the challenge, or will you go sulk and whine like T.O. did when he first found out he was headed to Baltimore...

Well Roberto, I always prefer to bet against the Vikings and their players come December, rather than September, because after all, they are one of the best September teams around.

But you called me out - so I'm in. I hope the Eagles young corners are up for it - and I sure as hell they have some help, although with the way the Eagles blitz, that might not happen.

Bring it on regardless.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'm impressed - you boys managed to hijack the hell out of your own thread! lol

I'm hopeful for Monday night, but sorry to say not guaranteed - it will be my first day back at work after several where I haven't been able to sit at a desk or look at a computer screen due to back and vertigo problems (I know, I know - time to take me out in a field and stomp on my head, because I'm not worth a bullet)... I might not be in any shape to come.

BTW, you may have missed Dry's suggestion of Gretzky's for the wireless connection so out-of-towners can join the fun...

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
We're going to reschedule...

GTA GMS - we're going to reschedule as there are a couple of GM's who can't make it this evening. I'll post a new plan in the coming weeks.

Go Vikings!

Kruegs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad