Trade: [GSW/OKC] Kelly Oubre Jr for 2021 1st round pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Oubre is going to cost $80M+ for one season unless they dump some salary to reduce the bill. Good pick up for them but still insane.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
MOAR PICKS.

Presti is making the process look like child's play. Can't even accuse him of outright tanking either considering they still have a couple decent players on that roster. (Horford, Shai, dort, Gallinari, etc) Just masterful really.

They're probably gonna suck but they won't be legendary level bad like the Sixers were

Reactions: donghabs98

member 157595

I know nothing about basketball but it's not a bad idea to hoard picks if you're neither a current contender nor a prime FA destination (presumably they aren't?)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know nothing about basketball but it's not a bad idea to hoard picks if you're neither a current contender nor a prime FA destination (presumably they aren't?)

If you put a list of the desirability of NBA cities, OKC probably ranks towards the bottom.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
another pick lol

if they hit on like 1/3 of all those picks, they'll be set to contend

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

It helps that NBA teams give away picks like candy. Its more common now in the super team era, but its kind of ironic how often they trade first round picks given they have the shortest draft.

member 157595

It helps that NBA teams give away picks like candy. Its more common now in the super team era, but its kind of ironic how often they trade first round picks given they have the shortest draft.

It's funny; NFL draft picks are valued like gold while NBA picks seem to change hands endlessly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad