Gryba and Hoffman sent to Bingo and recalled

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Code:
04/03/2013 	Eric Gryba (D) 	Binghamton 	DEL Recalled from loan by Ottawa (NHL)
04/03/2013 	Eric Gryba (D) 	Binghamton 	ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)
04/03/2013 	Mike Hoffman (LW) 	Binghamton 	DEL Recalled from loan by Ottawa (NHL)
04/03/2013 	Mike Hoffman (LW) 	Binghamton 	ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Ya this must be some legal thing? For the bingo playoffs or something? I'm not sure.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So assuming that this is a clear day roster thing, it shows how the organization feels about the status of the "AHL'ers" on the team currently. The rest of them are now official NHL'ers, or at the very least, NHL'ers this season.

Silf
Benoit (not a surprise with waiver status)
Wier
Zib
Lehner

were all not sent down today.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
So assuming that this is a clear day roster thing, it shows how the organization feels about the status of the "AHL'ers" on the team currently. The rest of them are now official NHL'ers, or at the very least, NHL'ers this season.

Silf
Benoit (not a surprise with waiver status)
Wier
Zib
Lehner

were all not sent down today.

Don't know why Lehner/Wier/Zib/Silf were not included. Wouldn't they benefit from the Calder Cup Playoffs if/when Ottawa's playoff run is over? I guess there could be the issue of trying to fit them in with Bingo's current roster and the eventual OHL/CHL players that could play.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
As others have asked...

What about zibanejad,wiercioch,lehner,and silfverberg?

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
They're officially Nhl'ers now, no need to send them down for a run in the minors.

NYrunner

Jan 12, 2008
Forgot where I read it yesterday, but Gryba and Hoffman are the only players eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Forgot where I read it yesterday, but Gryba and Hoffman are the only players eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Yes, also means none of the others who stayed, are eligible to return for the AHL playoffs, should the Sens be eliminated. So Wier and Benoit, along with the three Swedes all are ineligible to return to Bingo. Also suggests none will likely ever be there again.

Pitlick*

My guess is that these 2 were called up on emergency (injury) basis. The players they replaced (Hoffman: Michalek), and Gryba (?) are ready to return soon, so now these 2 are normal callups, and wont have to be sent to AHL when the players are healthy.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Can not wait until Cowen comes back and takes Gryba's minutes away. Playing way too many and it shows.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Can not wait until Cowen comes back and takes Gryba's minutes away. Playing way too many and it shows.

Yeah I don't really notice that as much. He's not on for many goals against. He may not be as effective as he has been at times, but it's still pretty impressive that he's even on the +/- column.

But I agree that Cowen will be huge- more-so for pushing Benoit out of the line-up entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad