Proposal: Grubauer Trade Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm more curious if they'll move Orpik or Dre. I think Grubby being traded is a foregone conclusion. It's a matter of when and not if.
I don't think they'd move either of those players today. Grubby goes today because he's likely getting dealt for a draft pick-based return.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He could, but I don't think it's an immediate focus the same way Grubauer is. If Burt gets dealt, I assume it will be around the start of free agency.
agreed, not top priority for BMac today. but who knows what other GMs are thinking? either way, this is much more fun that usual.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'm more curious if they'll move Orpik or Dre. I think Grubby being traded is a foregone conclusion. It's a matter of when and not if.

Yep me too. Any Orpik prediction? I went Islanders 2 or 3rd round. Bura is tough for me. But if we are seeing action, that means BMac is making a push for Carlson. He should know the number he needs to be at by now.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think Bura or Orpik could happen tomorrow, esp. if it's for a second/third rounder type deal.

Reactions: RandyHolt

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Wish that was so RH, but he recall that he ended up short re. What Kuzy + Orlov + Oshie would cost, and we ended up losing MoJo because of it. I know some view that as addition but subtraction, but I'm just looking it as a benchmark for GMBM's math. Hopefully it's better this year

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I want to make a prediction on Bura in case it happens. I will predict an early 2nd - Islanders 43OA.

Having to sell MJ got us 2 2's IIRC. Selling Bura now is not going to return top dollar, as teams know we are desperate to sell. And he is no MJ.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I want to make a prediction on Bura in case it happens. I will predict an early 2nd - Islanders 43OA.

Having to sell MJ got us 2 2's IIRC. Selling Bura now is not going to return top dollar, as teams know we are desperate to sell. And he is no MJ.
Who says we're desperate to sell?

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Late 1st or 2nd rounder. I don't think other teams are as high on Grub and we'd like them to be

Jun 15, 2007
We won't even be over. Tom Wilson doesn't need a contract until the day before he steps on the ice.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I mean, ideally. But I don't think they have to do it before they sign him. There's a grace period where you can be over, IINM.
Once you're over the cap, everyone knows you're in a bad spot. You end up in a situation pretty much like what happened with the Johansson trade last year, where you give up all the leverage.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Could be a good tactical position to deal Grubauer -- can find a team (or teams) willing to take him around 30 OA (let's say), table it, then wait to see who is available in the teens and then maybe try to move up using Grubauer + own pick.

Maybe a good built-in option in case no particular deal wows them early on.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I do not think the return is going to be as great as you all are predicting. If it is I'll be thrilled.
I actually think people are going to be shocked in the opposite direction just how much teams are willing to give up for Grubauer. Especially if 4-6 teams truly are in the hunt for their next long term starting goalie and the only other options on the market (outside of dime a dozen free agent former starters) are Talbot, overpaid AHL star Scott Darling and possibly career over and old Crawford.

Reactions: calicapsfan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I mean, ideally. But I don't think they have to do it before they sign him. There's a grace period where you can be over, IINM.

Yep. But the longer he waits, the lower the return. I suspect he is going to try to avoid having to sell like he did MJ a year ago. Many here criticized him for it. It's a tough balance on what to do, but again think he knows where he needs to be with Carlson.

I think BMac shows his Carlson play this weekend. If more then Grubauer is moved, expect Carlson here long term.

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad