Proposal: Grubauer Trade Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I'll go Grubauer + 31 for 12; I heard there's a dropoff at around 15 and then it's pretty even into late 2nd round so there's not a huge difference between 31 and 46.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Trying. Not. To. Overvalue.

Like a year ago.

It seems like an after thought that he is getting traded. I am interested in any other DD deal predictions, but don't expect anything because Carlson needs to be ironed out first. The only thing I can see, is Orpik to Gilligans Island for their 2nd (43) or 3rd (72).

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Gruby can and will probably get a 1st rounder.

I don’t want to trade him to Philly but we can fleece Philly if we do cause they are so desperate

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Trying. Not. To. Overvalue.

Like a year ago.

It seems like an after thought that he is getting traded. I am interested in any other DD deal predictions, but don't expect anything because Carlson needs to be ironed out first. The only thing I can see, is Orpik to Gilligans Island for their 2nd (43) or 3rd (72).
BMac already said he was gonna look for a way to get Gruby the starter opportunity he wants, so ya, seems pretty certain. But I think you do it ASAP. First round is today so if you can get a pick, it has to be now. Plus, once Carlson’s deal is known, Caps may look more desperate.

Reactions: RandyHolt

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Apparently 10 teams have inquired about Grubauer and one nhl exec says people are going to be surprised about what he brings back.

It will be interesting. I’ll say something along the lines of a 1st and a 2nd/3rd outside of the division. Chicago, Detroit or Even something creative w ottawa (assuming they keep their 4th overall)

My instincts tell me Corey Crawford is done. Their management havent revealed his injury apparently but “expect” him to be ready by the season start. Translation “he’s done and we don’t want anyone to know that we are in dire need of a young long term goalie”

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
More and more rumors that Edmonton is reportedly shopping Talbot, so there's at least one other goalie on the market out there. Could curb the enthusiasm for Grubby slightly (although I suspect he's more of a runner's up prize). If Detroit's interest in Grubauer is genuine, it also means that Howard is likely on the market.

edit; Nvm, apparently the Talbot rumor has been shot down?

Reactions: calicapsfan

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
So let's say the Islanders have offered the Caps the 12th pick for Gruby straight up. Colorado has offered number 16 and a sweetener for Gruby that makes you think it is similar value.

1. Which do you choose if you cannot wait until pick 12 to make the decision?
2. What happens if the guy you want at 12 is not there?
3. What sweetener would make 16+ better than 12 only?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Caps/NBC Sports Washington should have a table cam that we can stream to watch whats going on at the Caps draft table. I want to see how many phone calls BMac makes/receives.

The league could market/sell GM PIPs for folks to watch on their laptops or PIP onto the big screen. I used to use my PIP all the time back in the day.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So let's say the Islanders have offered the Caps the 12th pick for Gruby straight up. Colorado has offered number 16 and a sweetener for Gruby that makes you think it is similar value.

1. Which do you choose if you cannot wait until pick 12 to make the decision?
2. What happens if the guy you want at 12 is not there?
3. What sweetener would make 16+ better than 12 only?

What a wonderful problem to have....

Reactions: calicapsfan

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm more curious if they'll move Orpik or Dre. I think Grubby being traded is a foregone conclusion. It's a matter of when and not if.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I do not think the return is going to be as great as you all are predicting. If it is I'll be thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad