Proposal: Grubauer Trade Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Two seconds isn't terrible and you can package them to get into the late first if its the best offer. Caps have middling leverage here as every team knows they need/want to move him.

with the number of good goalies out there vs the number of teams who need them, we can do better than that IMO

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Lou traded the 9th overall selection for Corey Schneider in 2013.
Schneider had similarly outplayed the Canucks starting goaltender the previous year.
Here are the two years prior:
GoalieYearRecordGAASave %
Grubauer-213-6-22.04.926
Schneider -220-8-11.96.937
Grubauer-115-10-32.35.923
Schneider-117-9-42.11.927
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I don't think GMBM will trade him to the Isles at 12 without someone they love falling to that spot, which may happen, but they will end up having to add.

I think it is similar with Colorado at 16. It all depends on who is available at the pick.

22nd w/ Ottawa and 30/33 with Detroit seems more likely.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I expect 22 or 27. Getting up to 11 or 12 would be nice. You'd think Mahoney would ideally prefer that, though it may also depend on who's left on the board. At 11 they'd be assured at least one of Boqvist or Kravtsov most likely but it's possible the Islanders could still leave them on the board for the Caps and opt for Smith/Hayton instead.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
with the number of good goalies out there vs the number of teams who need them, we can do better than that IMO
I would hope so. The good news is that it will likely go down at whatever pick is traded. So unless he simply doesn't ask for the trade sooner, we know the team was unwilling to pony up.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I’m curious if Philadelphia or St Louis have inquired at all. Philly has 19. StL has a bunch of prospects I’d be interested in (Jordan Kyrou!). Both have in-house goalie options they can proceed with, but there’s some sense they may want to upgrade.

Especially if we’re hearing Detroit and Colorado as potential suitors, it seems like there are teams out there who view Grubby as an upgrade on established starters.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Do the trade well before 11/12 are up.
I'd be surprised. Lou is probably shopping both picks pretty hard and might have plenty of incentive himself to wait it out.

The one main X factor seems to be Edmonton at 10. Do they keep that pick or do they flip it for a defenseman? That could alter things considerably. I know there were also some reports earlier on that Vancouver could move their pick at 7 but it seems like Edmonton is the main spot where there could be movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad