Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Quick look at Grubi's agent:

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Saros was phenomenal the last part of the season, but he wasn't better than Grubi for the whole season. If I was voting, I'd have a tough time between Vasi and Grubi. I think those are the top two goalies this year. That said, I think Fleury wins it as a career send off, feel good award.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Tack on another mil to the avv. I was hoping his numbers and success would be attributed to the team he plays for.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Grubi’s save percentage 8th among starters, so I get it. It’s likely between Fleury and Vasi. Regardless, he had an excellent season.

This likely prices him out of Colorado though.

In a risk averse industry, not re-signing Grubi would be about as risky of a move for a Cup contender as there could be. I'd be shocked if he walks... even at 6-7m aav.

Reactions: Francesca13

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We don't know what specifics Landeskog and Sakic have talked, he could be fine taking a haircut on his next deal (like making more than he is now, but less than he could get). Makar is likely going to be bridged, it's unfortunate but that's probably what's happening.

Or, all of Makar, Landeskog, and Gru get re-signed, but we're definitely having to get rid of all 3 of Donskoi, JTC, and Graves. And while that might be good for some, it may weaken the team overall because when those guys are in the right roles, they're good NHLers.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
We don't know what specifics Landeskog and Sakic have talked, he could be fine taking a haircut on his next deal (like making more than he is now, but less than he could get). Makar is likely going to be bridged, it's unfortunate but that's probably what's happening.

Or, all of Makar, Landeskog, and Gru get re-signed, but we're definitely having to get rid of all 3 of Donskoi, JTC, and Graves. And while that might be good for some, it may weaken the team overall because when those guys are in the right roles, they're good NHLers.
Losing EJs $6M has now become absolutely necessary, and not a "maybe if", and it's likely that 2 of JTC/Dong/Graves/Saad won't be returning next year.

That Avs top line is gonna be worth around $30M a season here in 2 years.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Losing EJs $6M has now become absolutely necessary, and not a "maybe if", and it's likely that 2 of JTC/Dong/Graves/Saad won't be returning next year.

That Avs top line is gonna be worth around $30M a season here in 2 years.

I think the odds were always long that Saad was staying beyond this year. It sucks because I think he's fit in FANTASTICALLY, and would absolutely sign him to a long-ish (like 4-5 years) deal at 5M or so...but I think he'll have higher offers in the summer. Maybe the Avs get him to stick around, but the odds that happens are VERY unlikely.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
There's a desperate Kyle Dubas lurking.
Several desperate teams are gonna come calling, and someone is gonna overpay for him, especially if the Avs end up winning the Cup. He's easily the top goalie available via UFA this summer.

As much as I would like for him to stay, it might be smart to let him go if he commands over $6M and try and deal for a Merzlikins, or a Samsonov, or Driedger, or Ullmark, or go sign a UFA like Freddie Anderson.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

That's why it would be especially nice to win the cup this year. I'm excited about what's waiting in the pipeline but imo we should be very aware that this is a special team and we should enjoy every minute of every playoff game this team gives us this year. With a bit of bad luck we won't ever see this kind of hockey again in decades. Might sound silly and dramatic but it's true.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Several desperate teams are gonna come calling, and someone is gonna overpay for him, especially if the Avs end up winning the Cup. He's easily the top goalie available via UFA this summer.

As much as I would like for him to stay, it might be smart to let him go if he commands over $6M and try and deal for a Merzlikins, or a Samsonov, or Driedger, or Ullmark, or go sign a UFA like Freddie Anderson.
No thanks to Freddie as a starter.

Have Buffalo get Fluery in an Eichel trade and then flip him here at 50%.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad