Growlers could set record with a win tomorrow

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I don't see anyone beating them for the Kelly Cup again this season.
They are certainly dominant right now, but plenty of regular season champions have lost in the playoffs. In fact there used to be a reference to the "Brabham Cup Curse" because for a long time the regular season points leader had never won the Kelly Cup. All it takes is a hot goaltender and a couple bad plays at the wrong moment for the "better team" to lose a playoff series.
Even when he was at his most dominant you would have come out ahead in those Tiger vs the field bets if you always bet the field. Same thing here -I'm taking the field.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
28 I believe is the league record for consecutive wins, which Norfolk has set back in the days as Hampton Roads.

The longest winning streak in the ECHL is 23, by the South Carolina Stingrays in the 2014-15 season. Right now Newfoundland has tied the longest ECHL home winning streak (also South Carolina, from the 1994-95 season).

The 2011-12 Norfolk Admirals 28 game winning streak came while they were in the AHL.

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
I don't see anyone beating them for the Kelly Cup again this season.

To be honest i think the first two rounds will be the toughest for them . Divisional games are chippie gotta stay health and one or two of the teams in their division have proven they can hang with them .

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
They won on the 14th, but lost on the 15th, so I believe they did set the record for consecutive home wins, but the streak is now over at 19.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Must be league-wide, or just the Canadian teams, I got the same thing in a text from the Beast.
I got a similar one from the Royals. Asked a bunch of questions about how many games I normally attend, whether I'm a STH, buy group tickets or individually, etc. then asked if I planned to make changes due to Covid-19, and what changes I'd like to see that would make me more likely to attend (masks on workers, masks on fans, reduced capacity, hand-washing/sanitizing stations, etc.(

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Reading is our biggest concern

That's HFBoards in a nutshell.

social media on their team page has highlighted every game day and reaction since this point last year....

...and post #20 in this thread is proof of that.

The best part is the original post was from a Growlers fan expressing concern that the Royals presented a significant challenge on the ice. "Reading" (the city name) is our biggest concern, not "reading" (comprehending the printed word). So yes, miscommunication is rampant based on posters misconstruing what was written (some more often than others).

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
The best part is the original post was from a Growlers fan expressing concern that the Royals presented a significant challenge on the ice. "Reading" (the city name) is our biggest concern, not "reading" (comprehending the printed word). So yes, miscommunication is rampant based on posters misconstruing what was written (some more often than others).

You know that Tarheelhockey was making a joke, right? Intentionally using one meaning of the word when the other meaning was what was meant in the original post?

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad