Group trip to MSG on 12/27?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Hi all,

I was thinking about putting the effort together to coordinate a group trip to the Garden on 12/27 (Saturday after Christmas). I think it would be great to have a group of red there to cheer on the team, and with many people in the area for the holidays, we might be able to come up with enough people to make it happen.

I already did the initial contact with MSG to get pricing. I know as Devils fans, we're used to a bit cheaper pricing for tickets, so I asked for the cheapest sections possible. Here's what they offered:

West Balcony - $118
200 Corners - $123

(Seat views available here http://rangers.io-media.com/)

Unfortunately, with it being both a weekend game and the holiday, the prices are a bit high. These are better than Stubhub, and with it being holiday weekend, the prices won't go down too much.

I would need to get 10 tickets to qualify. I'd be in for 2, and we would need commitments for 8 more.

Let me know if you guys want to go for it.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The one bad thing about the West Balcony is that the Rags shoot twice on that side. With that said I'm already sitting in the West Balcony for that game lol.

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
What pisses me off is that Rags get to face the Devils at MSG two Saturdays while Devils play them at The Rock on two Tuesdays. That seems fair. :shakehead

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I have conflicts with both Ranger home games this year so I'll be selling my tickets to friends :rant: But I'm trying to get to this game. Count me in as possibly being interested in getting in on a group sale plus one as well.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
it will sellout....

two home arenas brah! :scared:

Obviously ranger games will sellout. I find it good both are on Tuesday nights. My point is its better than a Tuesday night game between the Flames or Senators. I'd rather play those kind of teams on the weekends so the attendance doesn't suffer too badly.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
118 for balcony seats?

Only in New York. (Or Toronto...or Chicago.)

We have it so good regarding ticket prices considering how long the team was a lock for 100pts and often good for a playoff run. I just shake my head when I see people complaining about ticket prices. It's so ****ing cheap. You'll see something like this on the Devils tickets Facebook page: "looking for the cheapest tickets possible to the home game vs the Rangers next week. Preferably $20 for a pair" :laugh::laugh:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
We have it so good regarding ticket prices considering how long the team was a lock for 100pts and often good for a playoff run. I just shake my head when I see people complaining about ticket prices. It's so ****ing cheap. You'll see something like this on the Devils tickets Facebook page: "looking for the cheapest tickets possible to the home game vs the Rangers next week. Preferably $20 for a pair" :laugh::laugh:

The Facebook page is a joke. I'll never forget some lady complaining about a gentlemen who was selling his club seats at $100 each. Really?!?!?!? He's taking a loss on his seats and you accuse him of trying to rip off fans? Unacceptable! Most of the time you'll get three or four people to comment on your post asking to hold the tickets or they have a friend interested but they never follow up or ever buy.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
This is a game that is squarely on my radar. I don't want to say I'm a yes yet, but I'm definitely leaning in that direction.

EDIT: If I attend, I'd need anywhere from 1-3 tickets, but most likely just one ticket, maybe two tickets.

Last edited:

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
No, sorry.

Since it didn't look like I could get the 10, I didn't keep in touch with my rep until this week, and the best he could do was a broken up 7 pack split between 3 sections now in the west balcony and the corners were sold out. So I've gone down a different road to try to go to this game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No, sorry.

Since it didn't look like I could get the 10, I didn't keep in touch with my rep until this week, and the best he could do was a broken up 7 pack split between 3 sections now in the west balcony and the corners were sold out. So I've gone down a different road to try to go to this game.

I suggest you pick a Saturday game in Long Island for a group road trip of Devils fans.

Tickets are available, and cheap, and it's still somewhat local for most Devils fans in the area.

You can get up to 40 seats together in a section.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I suggest you pick a Saturday game in Long Island for a group road trip of Devils fans.

Tickets are available, and cheap, and it's still somewhat local for most Devils fans in the area.

ITS ON LONG ISLAND. Maybe its just because I live on LI, but I cant stand when people say IN LI, you cant live in an island.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD

Even though I'm not local and wouldn't be able to do a Devils game in Uniondale this year, I concur this would be a good idea. I went to that early March, Devils/Islanders Saturday matinee at Nassau Coliseum last season, and I'm glad I did for multiple reasons. (BTW, count me among the people who like weekend or holiday day games.) Though that game did not fill the Coliseum, there were a significant percentage of Devils fans there (I'd estimate 40%), and having all those Devils fans in attendance enhanced the experience (along with the Devs whipping the Isles 6-1).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad