World Cup: Group H: Japan vs. Poland, Senegal vs. Colombia; 6/28/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Poland's role is relegated to spoiler, it is possible for them to keep Japan out of the last round by winning. Possible but not guaranteed.

Japan advances with a draw or victory, simple as that. It is also possible for them to lose and advance, as long as Senegal beats Colombia.

Senegal advances with a draw or win.

Colombia can advance with a draw as long as Japan loses, but they really need to win. Can't take any chances.

I expect both games will be extremely tight. Japan may as well park the bus. I think Senegal can get a draw from the Colombia game, Japan will do the same in theirs, and both will advance.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Apparently the conditions in the Japan game is going to be brutal. Hot and humid is what they're expecting. But Japan is hot and humid so hopefully the players will be used to it. And hopefully Poland doesn'tcare about playing spoilers.

Go samurai blue! [o]

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As much as it's the least likely outcome, I'm still hoping both Colombia and Senegal can go through here.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Agree. Like all three teams, but would be sad if Colombia went out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If Columbia wins and Japan loses, Japan and Senegal are even on points and they played eachother to a draw. Japan is currently the top seed, is that based on fair play?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Cuadrado not handling the physicality of this game well thus far. Senegal have looked great going forward until they get near the box.

Reactions: kihei

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Colombia did nothing this half, sloppy passing too. Good use of VAR even though twitter is blowing up about it. Senegal the better side and you would think Colombia will open up some more.

Don't know much whats going on in the other match, the few moments I saw there was goal line technology used as Poland nearly scored

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->