World Cup: Group F: South Korea vs. Germany, Mexico vs. Sweden; 6/27/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
What?

"Every way they can"? Questionable.

Son would hardly be in the starting line-up if he was German (many here would say definitely no - I would say maybe).

Yes, it's recent news, so full stories haven't been released. Son is considered one of the top forwards. You have to be kidding me.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not exactly inspiring play from Germany.

From 2006-2016 there was a decade of fast-moving, incisive through-balls and passing that just eviscerated opponents.

Now it's this slow-build up to no one.

What a shame.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Khedira is underrated by most fans. Having watched a LOT of Juve games over the last 2-3 years, dude is fine when put into position to succeed.
People can harp on Khedira and Kroos playing double pivot, blaming them, but that just isn't going to work with both fullbacks 30m away from the opposing goal line.

When Conte plays 3-4-3, he's got 5 people ready to defend the entire time (and he revitalized the system in the first place).
When Pep plays it, he's got on DM and a the fullback on the off-side ready to cover.
When Zidane plays his 4-3-3 at Madrid (or played) he had Casemiro and the world fastest CB pairing covering (and even then it looked shaky a lot of the times).
Etc etc.

Germany 2014 had Lahm. He wasn't only the captain, he was tactically disciplined and always in the right place.
Kimmich, while aready a great young player, has looked absolutely lost defensively this tournament.
Offensively their system boils down to "what Kroos can do with the ball" and defensively they are getting ruined by counter attacks - and it took them one and a half game to recognize it and adjust.

TLDR; I think you (I don't about other German fans) are hating on Khedira way too much. While he may not be the solution for Germany's struggles, he certainly isn't the problem.

I don’t care what Sami can do in the slower serie A on a dominant Juve, he’s terrible for the NT

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yes, it's recent news, so full stories haven't been released. Son is considered one of the top forwards. You have to be kidding me.

Not sure what you are on about. Considering I'm a Spursfan and have watched every single minute Son has played for the team since he came to England............ so no I'm not kidding you. Very good player, but nothing special compared to what Germany got.

As for it not being a rumour...... you have to be kidding me.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Why hasn’t Ochoa ever played for a big club? He has always played great for the national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->