Euro: Group F: Portugal vs. Austria, 6/18/2016

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's like saying why should anyone not an Austria fan laugh at his struggle today? You can watch a player without reveling in their struggles or successes.

Sure, you can if you think Austria is actually good but from what I've seen they're pretty crappy and so, cheering against a small team to lose is utterly pointless.

It's pretty obvious why people are happy to see him fail. If you can't see then I don't know what to tell you.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Sure, you can if you think Austria is actually good but from what I've seen they're pretty crappy and so, cheering against a small team to lose is utterly pointless.

It's pretty obvious why people are happy to see him fail. If you can't see then I don't know what to tell you.
I prefer to appreciate great players like Ronaldo than pray for them to fail.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
People talked about Latin football divas before Cristiano Ronaldo but he took it upon himself to take that whole archetype to a whole new level. It's like a decadent representation of Latin football culture.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I prefer to appreciate great players like Ronaldo than pray for them to fail.

People talked about Latin football divas before Cristiano Ronaldo but he took it upon himself to take that whole archetype to a whole new level. It's like a decadent representation of Latin football culture.

Yeah, no divas in European football ever before Ronaldo. This post is hilarious... But given your post history its not surprising.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Yeah, no divas in European football ever before Ronaldo. This post is hilarious... But given your post history its not surprising.

I don't know what you're getting at since I said divas existed before him. I said he is the most diva of divas, almost a caricature of a diva.

ClQQKPTWYAAqGl5.jpg

And I am by no means his harshest critic nor do I especially dislike him. I root for Real in every Clasico and generally don't mind Portugal either. It's just an observation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Couldn't care less about him or Portugal but what I'm taking exception with is the Latin football culture dig you had. Combine that with your post history with about SA football.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Portugal demolished Austria.

It's just shocking how they couldnt finish their numerous chances.

Absolutely comical.

You just had that feeling after the first 20 minutes where nani missed two point blank chances and ronaldo missed from 6yards that no matter what, they wouldnt.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
After a ****** game CR7 takes the time to let an invading fan snap a selfie with him.

What a horrible human being

I think you'll find that people aren't questioning his character as a person. Big stars struggling is also fun to watch as it makes them human again. No doubt, he'll score a hat-trick against Hungary and all will be forgotten.

Also, they were saying on the BBC that Austria need to win. That much is obvious, but don't Portugal as well? Iceland are playing Austria so the best result for Portugal is a draw. That would mean Iceland would be on 3 points and Portugal on 2.

Portugal lose, they finish third, likely not enough to go through.
Portugal draw, they finish on 3 points, like Iceland. At the moment Iceland have scored more goals so would go through. 3 points in 3rd place probably isn't enough but it could be okay.
Portugal win, they're fine.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
What a joke this is. How are they on 2 points?

Adrien and Rafa need to start against Hungary. There is no creativity whatsoever coming through the middle. Moutinho is finished.

And although his delivery wasn't up to par, credit to Quaresma for being the only player to have the brilliant idea of looking for other options instead of just looking for Ronaldo on every single attack.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I think you'll find that people aren't questioning his character as a person.

I am. Not his off-pitch character, necessarily (no position to judge, and reports paint him as a good guy), but his character as a person on the pitch is what makes so many people enjoy seeing him fail.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad