Euro: Group F: Iceland vs. Hungary, 6/18/2016

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Nice try to bounce it off the wall like that, almost worked.

Iceland can definitely pull off at least a draw against Austria, possibly a win.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Too bad for Iceland. I wouldn't bet on them qualifying now. Surprising that the worst team in the group is now on top.

Might be the worst game I've ever seen in an international tournament in terms of quality.

Disagree. There have been worse matches in this tournament.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, Ireland and Sweden in particular. Hungary were getting good chances trying to break Iceland down and the game was quite entertaining.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
we should have beat hungary

now i have to cheer for a draw instead of an austrian win :laugh:

Good, I see.

See it that way: A few months ago nobody had expected Iceland beeing at the Euros rather than have the chance to advance to the next round. It's all still possible and no miracle is needed.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Easily the easiest group of the tournament, two average teams and an overrated "elite" team and a qualifying over-achiever.

Yep. And then add the fact that the only reason Hungary is even here is because the number one seed in their qualifying group finished dead last even behind Faroe Islands.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This was inevitable with the deluding of the competition...makes the whole Euro is more competitive than the WC arguments painfully more idiotic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad