Euro: Group F: Austria vs. Hungary, 6/14/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Austria

Goalkeepers: Robert Almer (Austria Vienna), Heinz Lindner (Eintracht Frankfurt), Ramazan Oezcan (Ingolstadt)

Defenders: Aleksandar Dragovic (Dynamo Kiev), Christian Fuchs (Leicester City), Gyorgy Garics (Darmstadt), Martin Hinteregger (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Florian Klein (Stuttgart), Sebastian Prodl (Watford), Markus Suttner (Ingolstadt), Kevin Wimmer (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: David Alaba (Bayern Munich), Marko Arnautovic (Stoke City), Julian Baumgartlinger (Mainz), Martin Harnik (Stuttgart), Stefan Ilsanker (RB Leipzig), Jakob Jantscher (Lucerne), Zlatko Junuzovic (Werder Bremen), Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig), Alessandro Schoepf (Schalke)

Forwards: Lukas Hinterseer (Ingolstadt), Rubin Okotie (1860 Munich), Marc Janko (Basel)

Hungary

Goalkeepers: Gabor Kiraly (Szombathelyi Haladas), Denes Dibusz (Ferencvaros), Peter Gulasci (RB Leipzig)

Defenders: Attila Fiola (FC Akademia), Barnabas Bese (MTK Budapest), Richard Guzmics (Wisla Krakow), Roland Juhasz (Videoton FC), Adam Lang (Videoton FC), Tamas Kadar (Lech Poznan), Mihaly Korhut (Debreceni VSC)

Midfielders: Akos Elek (Diyosgyori VTK), Adam Pinter (Ferencvaros), Zoltan Gera (Ferencvaros), Lazlo Kleinheisler (Werder Bremen), Gergo Lovrencsics (Lech Poznan), Zoltan Stieber (FC Nuremberg)

Forwards: Balazs Dzsudzsak (Bursaspor), Adam Szalai (Hannover, on loan from Hoffenheim), Krisztian Nemeth (Al-Gharafa), Nemanja Nikolic (Legia Warsaw), Tamas Priskin (Slovan Bratislava), Daniel Bode (Ferencvaros)

Austria-Hungary jokes, etc.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Austria got the upper-hand in 1848... can Hungary hit them right back?

EDIT: Can we please call this the Habsburg Derby?

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Unfortunately will miss the match but will watch later on ESPN3, looking forward to see Austria while I think Hungary is one of the weaker teams in this tournament, debate with Northern Ireland

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Austria is my dark horse team. Hope they make a deep run this tournament.

I'm skeptical about how far they can really go. But they should be a lot of fun to watch with Alaba and Junuzovic bossing the midfield.

...ideally with Grillitsch behind them, and Sabitzer+Schopf+ up front.

They should get through the group and could go a round or two into the knockouts as well. But I just don't know if they can get more than 1 or 2 wins in the knockouts.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
So now it's time for Hungary! Love the country & team, so I'm going to really be interested in seeing how/if they can hold up against this Austria team.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I'm skeptical about how far they can really go. But they should be a lot of fun to watch with Alaba and Junuzovic bossing the midfield.

They should get through the group and could go a round or two into the knockouts as well. But I just don't know if they can get more than 1 or 2 wins in the knockouts.

It'll be Marc Janko up front. Koller is famous for not experimenting with lineups.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This is a game that is going to need an early goal.

If Hungary are going to be playing a heavily defensive style then Austria will struggle to break them down. Austria are the vastly superior team, but they appear to lack creativity.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
So it took just a little less than a century for Austria-Hungary to turn from an empire into a legit football match... As a follower of German Bundesliga, Austria presents the largest collection of well-known players. But it is very interesting to see an almost "exotic" team like Hungary - one of the huge advantages of the increase in teams.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
So it took just a little less than a century for Austria-Hungary to turn from an empire into a legit football match... As a follower of German Bundesliga, Austria presents the largest collection of well-known players. But it is very interesting to see an almost "exotic" team like Hungary - one of the huge advantages of the increase in teams.

Gruß,
BSHH

Austria actually has more players on its roster from the German BL than Germany does!

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Ilsanker and Baumgartlinger are excellent players, and I'd still take either of them over Grillitsch.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Austria has the better team, so they might win that one.

I hope to see Alaba and/or Harnik score.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
13450240_1192504334141813_1282128507452752473_n.jpg

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Does anyone want a stupid trivia question? Just like Northern Ireland, Hungary has been absent from the biggest football stages for 30 years. This is true for two other countries as well - which ones?

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad