Euro: Group E: Republic of Ireland vs. Sweden, 6/13/2016

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
This has to be the worst game yet?

Sweden cant complete three passes in a row, running around on wooden legs.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Is he the biggest sports star in Sweden? Outside of Sweden he obviously is the most well known. But how is he viewed inside borders? You guys must love him. We kind of never gave Litti the recognition he probably deserved.

Not only biggest sport star. He is Sweden

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
This has to be the worst game yet?

Sweden cant complete three passes in a row, running around on wooden legs.

I thought it was a pretty good "battle game", like the broadcasters on Finnish tv said. Not a whole lot of finesse but it was quite physical and even. It's understandable that both fanbases might feel disappointed because that's the one game they had the best chance to get 3 points and neither did.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I thought it was a pretty good "battle game", like the broadcasters on Finnish tv said. Not a whole lot of finesse but it was quite physical and even. It's understandable that both fanbases might feel disappointed because that's the one game they had the best chance to get 3 points and neither did.

Me too. There was a lot of action on the field. Not the most pretty or effective plays ever. But still entertaining. At least compared to may other games in the tournament so far.

But I also get that both teams/fans feel pissed cause this game was important 3 points and neither got it.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Forsberg should've put away the big chance.

Olsson was great, Lindelöf decent. Lewicki and Källström very meh.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Guy a couple of rows behind me couldn't stop ranting about how awful he thought Lewicki was.

In other news the Irish fans are ****ing brilliant and the toilets at the Stade de France are worse than the one in Trainspotting.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Decent match. I think both sides will probably regret not pushing for a winner. If this game had a winner, that team had a great chance to advance.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This result likely means Ireland and Sweden need a win against one of the group favorites to advance, anything less than 3 points won't be enough

Crazy, or maybe not so crazy prediction I made in a tournament pool with my friends:

Belgium wins all three and every other game ends in a draw. Then one of the other teams would advance with 2 points.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I thought it was a game that showed both sides' limitations quite acutely. Of course the Irish media is making it out to be a triumph because they drew in a must-win game...

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
That number 4 of Sweden sure is a character. How did he not get booked after that last minute foul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad