World Cup: Group E: Brazil vs. Switzerland, 6/17/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I will say, in all the talk about Brazil, lets not forget this Swiss team played a very good much.
Maybe limited in attacking flair and talent, but they're very disciplined , very compact, and they'll be hard to beat for any (top) team.

I sure hope so. Switzerland in the last 23 games played = 16 wins, 6 draws, 1 loss. Vs Brazil, while only 9 games played (7 friendly matches, 2 World Cup) = 3 wins, 3 draws (both World Cup games), 3 losses.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
They'll still make it in, but Mexico should be topping the group mor, which throws off a lot of predictions.
Maybe. Sweden and South Korea are good enough to get draw out of Germany. If that happens, Germany is in real trouble.

Otherwise, whoever finishes 1st in the Serbia, Switzerland, Brazil, Costa Rica group is in trouble, haha.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No, are you watching South Korea play at the moment? I don't think they could beat Canada, let alone having a prayer of holding Germany (bad as they were) to a draw.
Yes I'm watching. I said good enough. I don't mean they're a great side. I mean on their best day and another poor Germany showing, both teams are good enough to squeek out a draw.

And Canada sucks, as much as I love our team lol.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Can't begin to imagine how infuriating it must be for brazilian fans to see the like of Paulinho and Renato Augusto on the field at the World Cup while Allan has yet to receive a call-up and Jorginho plays for Italy (though in fairness, I think Italy was his first choice, don't remember all that well.)

Last edited:

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
This looked like Neymar in his days of the Brazilian league. Trying to do too much, slowing down the attack by holding on the ball for too long and giving the ball away many times in the process.

Oh and Firminio should absolutely start, Jesus was useless.

I agree with you about Neymar. And I find it interesting that so many people who love football, and hate to see the game demeaned by playacting, spend surprisingly little time in this thread analysing that side of one of the best players in the world's performance.

Reactions: Suiteness

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
While I don’t particularly like Neymar, I certainly don’t care to watch 11 guys from the mid table in Germany rough him up all match either. It will only get worse against Costa Rica. They’re professionals at hacking guys down.

Let the stars be stars. I’m all for close, hard fought matches, but nobody is paying big dollars to see the star players get kicked off the pitch or grabbed every time they touch the ball.

I don't like Neymar much either, but given he was put out of the last World Cup by a reckless challenge, it amazes me people are surprised he tries to steal every march possible on players who baulk him.

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Neymar is injured and did not train, which isn't surprising given how much he was fouled. Obviously there's a reason he had a hard time getting up.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
He barely shoved him, haha. And what play? Miranda didn't even jump for the ball.
Did you ever play soccer? If someone pushes you during the corner you totally lose your time to jump. It was obviously a foul.
For sure was the stupid argentinian referee that made the call on VAR :laugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Did you ever play soccer? If someone pushes you during the corner you totally lose your time to jump. It was obviously a foul.
For sure was the stupid argentinian referee that made the call on VAR :laugh:
I love how that's everyone's first response. "Hey man, did you ever play? I played in high school.."

Yes, I played. No it's not a foul. If that's a foul, there's 3+ fouls every corner/direct free kick. Two Swiss players were touched on that same play. By your foul calling, that's a penalty shot for Switzerland!

Next we can give fouls for abnormal breathing patterns.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinLVGA

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I love how that's everyone's first response. "Hey man, did you ever play? I played in high school.."

Yes, I played. No it's not a foul. If that's a foul, there's 3+ fouls every corner/direct free kick. Two Swiss players were touched on that same play. By your foul calling, that's a penalty shot for Switzerland!

Next we can give fouls got abnormal breathing patterns.
Played pee wee level for what I'm reading, when the kids couldn't kick get the ball from the corner to the goal are. if you don't know the difference of grabbing the shirt or the arm and pushing someone when said person is about to jump I can't argue with you.
BTW, yes, there is a lot of grabbing in the goal area, and guess what sherlock, those are fouls. The referees simply can't see the entire area to call, now with VAR those fouls shoud get called when a goal happens.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Played pee wee level for what I'm reading, when the kids couldn't kick get the ball from the corner to the goal are. if you don't know the difference of grabbing the shirt or the arm and pushing someone when said person is about to jump I can't argue with you.
BTW, yes, there is a lot of grabbing in the goal area, and guess what sherlock, those are fouls. The referees simply can't see the entire area to call, now with VAR those fouls shoud get called when a goal happens.
Sweet. And there's no difference between a light shove and holding/grabbing. If you're going to call it, call it all! 600 penalties per game and a ton more diving! Sounds fun.

Why do people like you immediately jump to name calling and flaming? If you need to keep calling me names to make you feel better about your life, feel free to continue. I wouldn't want to take that from you!

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad