World Cup: Group E: Brazil vs. Switzerland, 6/17/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
You probably just should accept that there can be different opinions on that scene and that the VAR is only here for clear situations. And that more people probably won't share your opinion.
A penalty shout is a clear and important thing though, there was a pretty clear cut case for one there, there's some arguments against but at the very least go look at it because clearly the ref on the field couldn't see it correctly from his position.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
A penalty shout is a clear and important thing though, there was a pretty clear cut case for one there, there's some arguments against but at the very least go look at it because clearly the ref on the field couldn't see it correctly from his position.
VAR and their 33 screens and four professional referees have all the tools to judge if there's anything that ought to be changed. I don't need to look back at anything: they did. And one referee on the field and VAR decided that there was no penalty shot.
Stop. Crying. About. It.

Reactions: Icarium

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
You don't understand how it works that's the problem.

I don't care at all about Brazil in fact I hope they go out early, I'm just telling you how some referees think.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You don't understand how it works that's the problem.

I don't care at all about Brazil in fact I hope they go out early, I'm just telling you how some referees think.

Yeah, VAR and quantum physics, both around the same level of difficulty...

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
"I saw it perfectly I don't need replays" be sure some referees are telling VAR just this.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Yes, it's me, poll quiz. Seriously, I don't understand.

Gut gesagt der Junge.

All right in mind in the whole of the World Cup. What advantages does Switzerland have with their origin in the hockey championship with the other silver medal of six champions of recent years.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Holy smokes. Just no. That was a good goal. VAR for that? What is this?

VAR is for clear and ridiculous misses. Like handballs, elbows to faces, offsides, etc.

If we're going to use VAR on a small shove like that, then every single corner and free kick near the box is going to have multiple fouls.

On that play, two Brazil players were touching Swiss players with hands and elbows... does Switzerland get a penalty kick?

That was a good goal.

sorry but that would be a infraction even in american football. Can't shove a defender from behind to keep him from playing the ball.

Reactions: Fvital92

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
He barely shoved him, haha. And what play? Miranda didn't even jump for the ball.

I don't like to spend time discusing/complaining about refs, bu barely? lol

ezgif-5-c6e184e379.gif

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't like to spend time discusing/complaining about refs, bu barely? lol

ezgif-5-c6e184e379.gif
Lol it's in slow motion, yes it was common soccer contact, and rewatch from the start - Miranda contracted him first. Get the VAR out. Penalty shot. Same score.

How's it a hard push? His arms barely extend anymore than they already were.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is it wrong that I wanted to see Neymar fouled several more times in the match and wearing cleat prints like Tattoo's?

Is there a player in the game now that goes down and gets injured as often?

Its a World Cup, they killed Kenny, is this a meme?

Over/under him making it through the tournament.

Reminds me of Johnny Gaudreau. Always crying for calls.

I think he tapped out 7 times today. I thought ambulances would be out on the pitch any moment.

OK, I got that off my chest. ;)

Favorite comment in the telecast;

"These ain't friendlies anymore Neymar"

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I will say, in all the talk about Brazil, lets not forget this Swiss team played a very good much.
Maybe limited in attacking flair and talent, but they're very disciplined , very compact, and they'll be hard to beat for any (top) team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad