BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
44FF6D58-2EFE-46B2-8507-1C9B2BC560E5.jpeg

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Man, with this result and Germany losing, today was a horrible betting day.

Germany also went out of their way to screw with everyone's brackets.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I don't support VAR but for those that want it, why not use it for an obvious penalty?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
How was it not obvious?

That's a 50-50 call. Jesus is clearly looking for the penalty and jumping away after he couldn't get the ball anymore. You can call that, of course, but you also cannot. And that's why there was no video review. VAR is here for clear mistakes, where a referee misses something. This wasn't the case here.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
For me that's a penalty though (at least 75-25), the defender quite clearly grabs him with both arms while the guy tries to turn around with the ball.

What we see though is that probably some of the guys in the VAR room are suggesting to some referees to go watch the replay but the guy on the field doesn't want to look bad and doesn't go.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, you can see it this way. But in my opinion he doesn't hold him back and Jesus could go after the ball without any problem. As I said, you can call that. But there are also reasons why you cannot. And neither the referee nor his assistants did call that. So maybe it wasn't that obvious.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Yeah, you can see it this way. But in my opinion he doesn't hold him back and Jesus could go after the ball without any problem. As I said, you can call that. But there are also reasons why you cannot. And neither the referee nor his assistants did call that. So maybe it wasn't that obvious.
This referee though clearly didn't want to make any calls, from clear cut yellows to penalty.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Well he certainly has both arms around him in a way that disrupts the turn of the guy.

I wouldn't use 'certainly' in this sentence either. I think it's borderline legal what the defender was doing. If he'd closed his arms fully around Jesus then it's a no brainer. But now.. I think this is acceptable as long as you don't grab anything and I think the VAR made the right decision not to interrupt play.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I wouldn't use 'certainly' in this sentence either. I think it's borderline legal what the defender was doing. If he'd closed his arms fully around Jesus then it's a no brainer. But now.. I think this is acceptable as long as you don't grab anything and I think the VAR made the right decision not to interrupt play.
VAR can't interrupt play, they can suggest to the referee to go look at the replay but the referee on the field can decide not to go.

That's how it works no?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
So if the clown referee that we had today decides not to go we don't even know about it...

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Some interesting info:

- This is the first time since 1978 that Brazil doesn't win the opener at the World Cup. Back then they drew 1-1 with Sweden.
- Switzerland hasn't lost in their last 5 openers (2 wins, 3 draws).
- Switzerland has lost 1 game in the last 23 they played (16 wins, 6 draws, 1 loss)

Reactions: McCoy

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Neymar is a total disgrace. The entire Brazilian football culture is a disgrace for what it has become and there are more countries where that came from. The dives and acting like both kneecaps were crushed anytime there is contact - or no contact at all - is just ridiculous.

I'm glad this Brazilian team only got a draw. If they would focus a fraction of the time playing the game, as they seem to practice on diving, they would be a better team.
I think he spent more time pretending to cry in the grass than he stayed on his feet. He has a couple of solid apprentices on his team as well.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Those 1-1 is not even stronger for Switzerland and now them are gone from World Cup with maximus 1 or 3 draw and Brazil want win 1 or 2 more results.

Serbia want win the group stage with 5 or 7 Points include them big victims or draw against Brazil but is clear by first position in the group stage perhaps one more victim or two draw.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
So if the clown referee that we had today decides not to go we don't even know about it...

You probably just should accept that there can be different opinions on that scene and that the VAR is only here for clear situations. And that more people probably won't share your opinion.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Neymar is a total disgrace. The entire Brazilian football culture is a disgrace for what it has become and there are more countries where that came from. The dives and acting like both kneecaps were crushed anytime there is contact - or no contact at all - is just ridiculous.

I'm glad this Brazilian team only got a draw. If they would focus a fraction of the time playing the game, as they seem to practice on diving, they would be a better team.

I think he spent more time pretending to cry in the grass than he stayed on his feet. He has a couple of solid apprentices on his team as well.

It was hard to watch. I have seen plenty of divers in 40+ years of watching football, but this guy wow... he took it to another level. To get Behrami, a guy who is all guts, to stand over him and motion a "look at this guy what is doing...", it takes A LOT.
And Neymar is such a talented guy, he doesn't need these antics. He really doesn't.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Man, with this result and Germany losing, today was a horrible betting day.

Germany also went out of their way to screw with everyone's brackets.

Germany lose 1-0. Last two games are South Korea and Sweden.

You probably just should accept that there can be different opinions on that scene and that the VAR is only here for clear situations. And that more people probably won't share your opinion.

Crap.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Those 1-1 is not even stronger for Switzerland and now them are gone from World Cup with maximus 1 or 3 draw and Brazil want win 1 or 2 more results.

Serbia want win the group stage with 5 or 7 Points include them big victims or draw against Brazil but is clear by first position in the group stage perhaps one more victim or two draw.
What?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->