GDT: Group E • May 8 • Czech Republic 3, Russia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
After that blind side hit on Michalek, he shouldnt even be in the game anymore. The puck was like 7 meters away from Michalek, and suddenly, Artyukhin comes from a blind side with a hit to the head. Period.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
c5e09hockeyhelmet.jpg

Marked in red: shin strap. It's supposed to be fasten tight to the wielders shin.

The hit was clean. However, he deserves a 2 min charging call.

hit on michalek was clear? .... he wasn't on the puck ...

Chara-3

May 7, 2007
Attack on Michalek was dirty.

But hit on Rachunek was clean. Rachunek with the puck, russian player - hands down, no attack on head, no elbow, just shoulder to shoulder. Nice and clean. Thumbs up to referee.

And I'm not Russian fan, I want Czechs win.

cenas*

emotions aside, what exactly was WRONG with the last hit???? He hit a player who just parted with the puck, he hit him on the shoulder and he did not lift his legs. So what the f.ck is wrong with that???

Feet still moving on hit means charging and interference means no puck nearby. Thats already two things wrong with it, need more?

Last edited by a moderator:

losh

Jun 12, 2009
Funland
The penalty being interference already tells the puck was nowhere to be found on his hit. His feet were still moving on the hit which makes it charging..

There wasn't a penalty called on the second hit. I think there's a fine line between "interference" and "finishing a check", and it looked ok to me. Charging maybe, but either way, I wouldn't consider it a dirty or cheap hit.

cenas*

emotions aside, what exactly was WRONG with the last hit???? He hit a player who just parted with the puck, he hit him on the shoulder and he did not lift his legs. So what the f.ck is wrong with that???

Feet still moving on hit means charging and interference means no puck nearby. Thats already two things wrong with it, need more?

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
hit on michalek was clear? .... he wasn't on the puck ...

Not talking about the Michalek hit. That one was interference and Artyuhkin got called for it. But the one on Rachunek was clean, maybe a 2 min charging

Charginge, maybe. But interference? No way. He had just released his shot like 2 seconds before the hit.

cenas*

There wasn't a penalty called on the second hit. I think there's a fine line between "interference" and "finishing a check", and it looked ok to me. Charging maybe, but either way, I wouldn't consider it a dirty or cheap hit.

In North America his hit would've been called taking a run at someone. Thats always a cheap play. There is no maybe about the charging part.

PeacEnforcer

May 6, 2011
Not talking about the Michalek hit. That one was interference and Artyuhkin got called for it. But the one on Rachunek was clean, maybe a 2 min charging

yep, bull's eye: michalik - clearcut penalty - cause he was puckless, whereas the second episode was treated squarely and fairly by the referees - 100% clean hit by all standards.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
can you imagine russians loosing in the quarterfinal? ... big pig artyukhin will eat anyone in that moment ... thank's god we won't play with them

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Hahaha yesss!!! Go Czechs.. Always a classy respectful group of players / teams... Russians tried to do the same thing in the Gold medal game.. Try to get the Czechs off their game and get in their head... We are too disciplined to get rattled. Just fuel to the fire baby... Czech > Russia:nod:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Norway vs. Czech Rep. seems likely in the quarterfinal at this point. I bet the Czech was rematch from last years WC, even though they ended up winning the gold.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
I'm only half czech I can't understand the language.. When someone hears something about Michalek and Rachunek ... Please let me know how severe and if they will be ok for Germany tomorrow!!!! Michalek is arguably the best czech player in the tournament so far.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad