GDT: Group E • May 6 • Germany 4, Finland 5 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The best WC ever imo. I love it how the underdog countries put up fights against bigger ones and i really hope that attention towards hockey increases in Germany and Norway now and they can start doing this every year :).

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
The best WC ever imo. I love it how the underdog countries put up fights against bigger ones and i really hope that attention towards hockey increases in Germany and Norway now and they can start doing this every year :).

I hope so too, but to be honest i dnt think it will help. What I do believe is that coaches in Norways does a great job and we will continue to send players to Sweden. A national team with alot of SEL players can make it hard for the bigger teams :cheers: I also hope u Fins take care of our hockey talent Lars Volden :cheers:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Didn't pay attention at the end, who were awarded as the best players of the game from each team?

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
I hope so too, but to be honest i dnt think it will help. What I do believe is that coaches in Norways does a great job and we will continue to send players to Sweden. A national team with alot of SEL players can make it hard for the bigger teams :cheers: I also hope u Fins take care of our hockey talent Lars Volden :cheers:

about volden he playes for blues. He faced some starts in blues u20 and infact they went to finals and lost it. It was a good year for Blues organisation, They won gold both in c and b juniors, they got silver in u20 and in Fel.

Anyway Blues Fel teams first goalie Iiro Tarkki was just signed to Anaheim Ducks so there is less competion for the first spot. they signed a new goalie though Petri Koivisto. There is also Jonathan Iilahti infront of him in depht chart I think. I dont know if they are after any other goalies.

http://hockeysverige.se/article/11748830/nasta-finska-malvaktsexport

I think Volden will play u20 or then he will be loaned to some Mestis team (Finland2) which is a pretty normal path for goalies. He had a good season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->