Euro: Group D: Spain vs. Czech Republic, 6/13/2016

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
All three Czechs shots on target were straight at the keeper, Darida could have done better with that late chance

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Great game, with zero time wasting injuries and all that. So far all the teams who played for the 0-0 and 10 in defense all of them have lost.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Great game, with zero time wasting injuries and all that. So far all the teams who played for the 0-0 and 10 in defense all of them have lost.

Did you watch the whole game? It didn't look like the Czechs were playing for a draw, it just gradually became clear that that all-out defence was the only way for them to hold on. But in the first half especially they were still trying to make their way forward.

I also felt like this was one of the better games in terms of fairplay - not too much time-wasting, players apologising and patting each other on the back after fouls. For what it's worth

I miss having Nedved, Poborsky, Galasek and Rosicky down the middle, eh

Rosa looked pretty frustrated at not having more to work with

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Spain played well. It wasn't a great performance, but it was good enough and they created some nice chances. The problem is they generally only have one or two target players or guys who are real goalscorers out there at a time. The whole tempo argument is a bit much. The tempo wasn't slow to begin with, but on top of that they were up against a REALLY packed defense of basically eleven players behind the ball at all times.

Iniesta was Man of the Match for me. Set up the goal and pulled most of the strings. I think del Bosque, assuming he's capable, needs to ring some changes though. I'd start both Pedro and Aduriz the next match. Neither Nolito nor Silva were poor, but I think Pedro will make more of an impact. If I had to choose it'd probably be Silva at the moment.

Thrilled to see Gerry score. Ungrateful ****s don't deserve him. Nice celebration from him too.

I still enjoy Spain's passing game. Guess I'm in the minority. :dunno:

I find it's often better to be in the minority.

Nice work without the ball by Pedro on the goal. The man can still play.

Of course he can.

Did you watch the whole game? It didn't look like the Czechs were playing for a draw, it just gradually became clear that that all-out defence was the only way for them to hold on. But in the first half especially they were still trying to make their way forward.

I also felt like this was one of the better games in terms of fairplay - not too much time-wasting, players apologising and patting each other on the back after fouls. For what it's worth

Agreed. It looked like the Czechs were playing to lose.

Yeah, but did you see what Ramos did? Iniesta was brought down from behind by a Czech player and Ramos went right up to him and said "don't worry bruh, I hack these Barça players all the time and they don't card me for it."

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, but did you see what Ramos did? Iniesta was brought down from behind by a Czech player and Ramos went right up to him and said "don't worry bruh, I hack these Barça players all the time and they don't card me for it."

:laugh: No, I didn't catch that. My son is a big Barca fan but after that Iniesta-Pique goal he totally renounced them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->