• Total voters

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
exactly and that's why Banega was not in Sampa's plans. I don't care about Enzo Perez, I never talked about anyone other than specifically specifically Banega, again ..literally..Messi asked for him to start because he likes playing for him. Everyone's reported it that Messi asked for this.

Or Banega got healthy enough to play and thus has played? Hmm what a crazy concept. You keep saying literally as if you heard Messi say it LOL. You're hilarious.

I brought up Perez because he wasn't in samba's plans but now has started 2/3 games. Sampa has no set plans because he hasn't had enough time. He's trying things and hopping for the best.

Also it was Beccacece who put Aguero in. Sampa didn't even look at him much less talk to him.
It was the same at the press conference.

So, why didn't Messi best friend start if he's calling the shots? Yeah, I've asked this 5 times and nothing.

I don't care how long you've watched or how much you know about the team, it's obvious you're still clueless or thick headed and don't want to admit there is an obvious situation in the team where there's tension and Sampa does not have 100% full control of staff and players. Did you see the post match conference? Sampa and Messi didn't even look at each other.
Similarly other posters have voiced the same thing, the body language tells it all.

Oh great we now have expert body language detectives and world class coaches. Wonder what other surprises this WC will show us. I trust the word of the players more than the media, detectives and baseless accusations. Until then I have no reason to believe anything else.

So things we even fans through videos can see + reports from various analysts/news outlets etc including ones close to the Argentina camp are validating this...but no, you're stance is COMPLETE BS, why? Because I'm a know it all I've watched Argentina for 10 years lol you sound like a stubborn kid. Suit yourself I could care less if Argentina crash out of this WC.

No because the media has smeared this team for years and years. Accusations that turn out to be a figment of their imagination. It's gone on for years if you followed the team and there's a reason why they shunned the media again. So, why should I believe any of the rumours? I wonder if Pavon is still upset at Masch for his hit?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
are you serious? Do you even speak Spanish? like how do you think this helps your rhetoric? Sampa literally asked Messi if he should put Aguero hahaha okay yeah he sure is showing who's boss lmao
If Messi is calling the shots why doesn't he just put Kun on? I don't speak Spanish no but it's pretty obvious that Sampa is still coaching.

It doesn't really matter because I COULDN'T care less about your opinion.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
Passarella did not pick Redondo because of his hair, Keane was sent home in 02, Anelka by Domenech even when the players were basically against Domenech, now we see the Croatian guy sent home..

since you say you ask me 5 times already about Messi's buddy, you think if Sampa had the big man pants on he wouldn't have sent him home or completely benched him for the rest of the WC? Obviously they're not even in speaking terms.. who are you kidding trying to deny that Sampa is fully in charge. You're delusional! he doesn't have the balls or the authority probably from AFA itself and of course Messi or the players

I already said the Pavon Mascherano rumor was indeed complete BS as I know because I follow it just as well.. but you're saying EVERYTHING is complete BS. Everything we hear. How tf do you know? You present yourself as some Argentina NT complete authority on all their matters and feel it's necessary to bring up that you watch them and "DON'T TRY TO TALK TO ME ABOUT ARGENTINA" in a condescending manner LULZ what a goofball

face it Sampa is not FULLY in charge, it's a fact.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Messi is calling the shots why doesn't he just put Kun on? I don't speak Spanish no but it's pretty obvious that Sampa is still coaching.

It doesn't really matter because I COULDN'T care less about your opinion.

No offense but he does very clearly ask Messi in Spanish if Messi wants Aguero on the field. It's not like a suggestion either but a straight out question.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
lol I thought Argentina was out already after the first two games. Shows how much I've been paying attention I guess. Argentina-Portugal or Uruguay in the quarters would be juicy for different reasons.

They got lucky with easy group.

Who cares if it ends up with Ronaldo vs Messi. Not even close to the two best players in the WC these days.

Which two are better?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The goal was also scored by a center half who flew into the box as the furthest forward player. Like there were no tactics at all by that point.

quote from Rojo:

“During half-time, Messi said that all of us have the duty to score so whenever we get the chance, we shoot, no matter our position...
“So when I saw that ball coming towards me, I kicked it in with all that I had in me and [laughs] it went in!”

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
quote from Rojo:

Yeah these comments speak for themselves.

I don't think anyone is saying that Messi becoming coach is the wrong decision here. It's just obviously what has happened because the actual coach can't keep their cool and make good decisions, they can also no longer motivate the team at all.

For the record there's been lots of good player-coaches so it isn't even that weird. Messi isn't going to go to the media and declare himself coach, but the players are all making clear who they count on to tell the team what to do here. During the game and after.

It is also better to do this than just give up.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Says 10 years but doesn't mean 10 years... We'll be generous and assume 40 years. Still it will not happen.

In 4 years they look to be having a better team on paper.

Do you expect Ryan's, John's and Gary's to be all of sudden soccer mad and forget hockey? Coaching, funding from the youth level to be completely revamped and reshaped? Argentina's D team would wipe the floor with Canada right now. Again, please don't embarrass yourself.
I have faith in Canada. Davies and Millar going to do some work!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
since you say you ask me 5 times already about Messi's buddy, you think if Sampa had the big man pants on he wouldn't have sent him home or completely benched him for the rest of the WC? Obviously they're not even in speaking terms.. who are you kidding trying to deny that Sampa is fully in charge. You're delusional! he doesn't have the balls or the authority probably from AFA itself and of course Messi or the players

So, Kun going to the bench is Messi's decision? Interesting why would he want his best friend and roommate not on the pitch? How about Biglia the guy that everyone thinks only is on the team because of his relationship with Messi. This is why I don't believe the media because they make contradicting claims that are so absurd. Still waiting for the Pavon switch to barca.

I already said the Pavon Mascherano rumor was indeed complete BS as I know because I follow it just as well.. but you're saying EVERYTHING is complete BS. Everything we hear. How tf do you know? You present yourself as some Argentina NT complete authority on all their matters and feel it's necessary to bring up that you watch them and "DON'T TRY TO TALK TO ME ABOUT ARGENTINA" in a condescending manner LULZ what a goofball

face it Sampa is not FULLY in charge, it's a fact.

I know it's BS because the sources are not verified...until they are we can talk about it then. Up until not it's all BS to push the narrative the media wants. Got it... good.

No offense but he does very clearly ask Messi in Spanish if Messi wants Aguero on the field. It's not like a suggestion either but a straight out question.

From the people who know spanish and I trust in regards to Argentinean news there's conflicting reports that state either he's telling him Kun is coming on or asking Kun to come on. Why would he want a guy he's not on speaking terms to come on? Another report suggest that Messi even made the sub informing the officials and Sampa was merely asking Messi if he's planning on putting Kun on.

Why would Sampa go through all that trouble. He's pretty decorated and established as a manager that could pack his bags and be better off career wise. Plus he's a big fan of Messi.

Yeah these comments speak for themselves.

I don't think anyone is saying that Messi becoming coach is the wrong decision here. It's just obviously what has happened because the actual coach can't keep their cool and make good decisions, they can also no longer motivate the team at all.

For the record there's been lots of good player-coaches so it isn't even that weird. Messi isn't going to go to the media and declare himself coach, but the players are all making clear who they count on to tell the team what to do here. During the game and after.

It is also better to do this than just give up.

Yet, Nigeria outshot them LOL.

I have faith in Canada. Davies and Millar going to do some work!

Sure. GL

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Why would Sampa go through all that trouble. He's pretty decorated and established as a manager that could pack his bags and be better off career wise. Plus he's a big fan of Messi.

Sampaoli won't quit because he would lose millions (as opposed to Argentina firing him). He probably thinks that Messi will quit the NT after the World Cup (along many others), so that's another reason for him to ride this out. I guess will hear the players' versions of what went on after the WC. Maybe not immediately, but in their autobiographies in the future.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
So, Kun going to the bench is Messi's decision? Interesting why would he want his best friend and roommate not on the pitch? How about Biglia the guy that everyone thinks only is on the team because of his relationship with Messi. This is why I don't believe the media because they make contradicting claims that are so absurd. Still waiting for the Pavon switch to barca.

so why is Kun still in the team? Why did he even come into the game? Why did Sampa ask Messi if Kun should come in?
You have your questions, the rest of the world has their questions.

I know it's BS because the sources are not verified...until they are we can talk about it then. Up until not it's all BS to push the narrative the media wants. Got it... good.

how can you verify things that are reported inside a closed meeting of players and manager that they won't speak about? Either you trust what the people close to the NT camp in Russia say or you don't. That's your prerogative. But Ricardo Guisti said it that the players will pretty much have full consultation for the lineup against Nigeria. It's been reported by various news outlets.
Got it...GOOOD...

Now, do they make up a lot of BS, can it be BS, sure...but where there is smoke, there is fire. Or are you still claiming all of this should be considered BS and the world should listen to Duchene2MacKinnon HFBoards Argentina-Sampa internet warrior typing all the way from Nunavut or wherever you live as opposed to Argentinians close to the Argentina camp in RUSSIA? lulz
just go home kid and give it a rest.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sampaoli won't quit because he would lose millions (as opposed to Argentina firing him). He probably thinks that Messi will quit the NT after the World Cup (along many others), so that's another reason for him to ride this out. I guess will hear the players' versions of what went on after the WC. Maybe not immediately, but in their autobiographies in the future.

He still needs to think about how he is perceived as a coach if he indeed has lost the room. At least he can walk away and say this isn't my doing. If he ever wants another gig. I wouldn't bank on Messi retiring. Clearly the country won't let him, he has to do it the right way. I mean there is the chance but I wouldn't hold my breath.

so why is Kun still in the team? Why did he even come into the game? Why did Sampa ask Messi if Kun should come in?
You have your questions, the rest of the world has their questions.

...Because the fallout is not as bad as the media suggests. I mean there's a clear difference as to what Anelka was doing and what the Croatian striker refused to do. Context is key bud.

how can you verify things that are reported inside a closed meeting of players and manager that they won't speak about? Either you trust what the people close to the NT camp in Russia say or you don't. That's your prerogative. But Ricardo Guisti said it that the players will pretty much have full consultation for the lineup against Nigeria. It's been reported by various news outlets.
Got it...GOOOD...

I don't because they all serve their agenda. I'll believe it when they have proof. That's the burden because they lost the trust of the informed fans...

Now, do they make up a lot of BS, can it be BS, sure...but where there is smoke, there is fire. Or are you still claiming all of this should be considered BS and the world should listen to Duchene2MacKinnon HFBoards Argentina-Sampa internet warrior typing all the way from Nunavut or wherever you live as opposed to Argentinians close to the Argentina camp in RUSSIA? lulz
just go home kid and give it a rest.

We live in the information age genius. Russia might as well be in my backyard. Nice kid shot, you should go back to stat watching and let us know who's dominating.

Anyway, moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->