GDT: Group D • April 30 • Finland 5, Denmark 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
This year the Finns start much better in the tournament than last year, it will be interesting how they play against the Czechs!

By the way Aaltonen plays quite impressive in my opinion. I wonder how he will look against strong opponents like the Czechs. But I liked also the game of Jarkko Immonen. He could well keep the puck, it was difficult for the Danish player to seperate it from him. Does anyone agree with me?

cenas*

Lets guess. Granlunds PP time in the 2nd and 3rd games?

I'm going the pessimistic route with 0. Why not give Pyörälä a shot, rite?:cry::cry:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
This year the Finns start much better in the tournament than last year, it will be interesting how they play against the Czechs!

By the way Aaltonen plays quite impressive in my opinion. I wonder how he will look against strong opponents like the Czechs. But I liked also the game of Jarkko Immonen. He could well keep the puck, it was difficult for the Danish player to seperate it from him. Does anyone agree with me?

Aaltonen usually makes stuff too complicated for himself against tougher opponents, but hopefully he will carry his confidence from this game to other games.

Immonen is very good at holding the puck and dishing out passes, but can't do it as efficiently against better opponents since they will put more pressure on him.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
a good start to the tournament except the injury to komarov and it would have been nice for vehanen to get a shutout, bring out latvia on monday :D bad luck to denmark

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
a good start to the tournament except the injury to komarov and it would have been nice for vehanen to get a shutout, bring out latvia on monday :D bad luck to denmark

What kind of injury Komarov does have? Are his parents Russian or one part of them because his name doesn't sound really Finnish?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Man just listening to you guys talk about Granlund gives me hope for the future of the Wild. He looks NHL ready? Or is is just wishful thinking?

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
What kind of injury Komarov does have? Are his parents Russian or one part of them because his name doesn't sound really Finnish?

I'm almost 100% sure he had his hand cut by skate.

His father is Estonian who moved to Finland before Leo was born to play soccer.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.

or could be he landed it on awkwardly, but i did see he was holding his arm when he was off the ice going into the locker rooms

according to wikipedia he was born in estonia and he holds dual nationality from Finland and Russia.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005

Ok thks for information, hopefully he will be able to play again in this tournament, it would be a pity if he couldn't play anymore due to the injury.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Man just listening to you guys talk about Granlund gives me hope for the future of the Wild. He looks NHL ready? Or is is just wishful thinking?

Well, tonight he was atleast as good player as Mikko Koivu. Probably even better, but koivus lemieux style "pass" maybe put him litle over. But nice clever plays by granlund, some nice puckhandling also and kept creating scoring changes tonight. Was selected the best player of the game.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Well, tonight he was atleast as good player as Mikko Koivu. Probably even better, but koivus lemieux style "pass" maybe put him litle over. But nice clever plays by granlund, some nice puckhandling also and kept creating scoring changes tonight. Was selected the best player of the game.
But you have to remember that this was a pretty weak Denmark. Granlund was good, but wouldn't make conclusions (about his NHL-career) based on this game.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
But you have to remember that this was a pretty weak Denmark. Granlund was good, but wouldn't make conclusions (about his NHL-career) based on this game.

Yeah ofc. Thats why i said tonight. If he plays this good whole tournament against tougher opponents also, then we can say it really tells something. But this far it looks good, he could have been "just hanging there" but he really was one of our best, so its not a bad start :)

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
or could be he landed it on awkwardly, but i did see he was holding his arm when he was off the ice going into the locker rooms

In the replay I saw that he was ready for the pushing and shoving in front of the net before he fell. When he was down Nokelainen stepped all his weight on Komarov's wrist and Leo got right up and went to the bench.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
In the replay I saw that he was ready for the pushing and shoving in front of the net before he fell. When he was down Nokelainen stepped all his weight on Komarov's wrist and Leo got right up and went to the bench.

hmm maybe im seeing things :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->