Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Macedonia win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
First time monitor being used for VAR, probably right call but Clattenburg disagrees
He stuck to his guns too. Did not shy away when the call went opposite of what he predicted. Not sure of the current rules myself but Clattenburg sounds correct if relaying proper interpretation of the revisions.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ukraine win their first Euro match since their 2012 opener. Macedonia did well in the second half but in reality don’t have that quality in the final third, Pandev didn’t look totally fit

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Now, I want Netherlands to beat Austria by 3 goals. Then, a tie with Austria will be enough for Ukraine to finish second in the group.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
There was an exchange between the commentators on ESPN about the dental hygiene of a player on the pitch and how a former coach said the player's national team aspirations were in jeopardy because of his teeth. One of the most bizarre bits of idle commentary I have heard during a sporting event. I was not watching at that precise moment and missed the context. It is now eating away at my brain like the Lewis Black bit about eating at IHOP and hearing a woman say "if it weren't for my horse I never would have gone to college" and not knowing the context. Does anyone know what this was referring to?

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There was an exchange between the commentators on ESPN about the dental hygiene of a player on the pitch and how a former coach said the player's national team aspirations were in jeopardy because of his teeth. One of the most bizarre bits of idle commentary I have heard during a sporting event. I was not watching at that precise moment and missed the context. It is now eating away at my brain like the Lewis Black bit about eating at IHOP and hearing a woman say "if it weren't for my horse I never would have gone to college" and not knowing the context. Does anyone know what this was referring to?

You got pretty much all of it. Nothing prompted it but that player doing something on the pitch that got them talking about him.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Does anyone know what this was referring to?

They told a story that a youth coach thought one of the Macedonian players wouldn’t make it because he had decaying teeth. Basically one of those “you’re too small/thin” stories only involving teeth for some reason :D

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
They told a story that a youth coach thought one of the Macedonian players wouldn’t make it because he had decaying teeth. Basically one of those “you’re too small/thin” stories only involving teeth for some reason :D
haha - just don't have the teeth for the pros son...

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

French player Aly Cissokho also had bad teeth, which affected his play/career.

Aston Villa defender Aly Cissokho reveals AC Milan pulled out of a deal to sign him....because of bad teeth! | Daily Mail Online

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
OK I didn't think of that. Should Ukraine try finishing third, then?

Well, I think they should obviously just try to qualify and see where the chips fall. But yeah, that 2nd place spot in Group C is not the best place to be in.

Reactions: Pasha71

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't make the connection, but I do know poor dental health can potentially lead to serious cases of endocarditis...which is deadly.

member 305909

Macedonia did what they could but they just aren't good enough for this level.

I don't really understand the Uefa-logic of having created this consolation-slot for a D-tier team.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Macedonia did what they could but they just aren't good enough for this level.

I don't really understand the Uefa-logic of having created this consolation-slot for a D-tier team.
Gives them a chance to play in a major tournament. Not a huge price to pay in a 24-team tournament.

Won't be necessary 20 years from now since they'll probably go to 32 teams with multi-country hosts when it's not hosted by one of European powers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00