Euro: Group C: Germany vs. Ukraine, 6/12/2016

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think pretty much everyone assumed Yarmolenko would cause problems for Germany, and he sure has done so in the first half.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Like I said, we need someone shielding the defence - Kronos Khedira isnt doing that. Just sub off Götze or Özil, they're not taking part either way and put in Weigl or Schweinsteiger if he's fit.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Lack of a true target striker is hurting Germany with Muller out wide and the wrong Mario G up front.

Definetely need Howedes to be better, is Hummels hurt because I'd rather just see Boateng play RB at this point and a second defensive midfielder like with past tourneys. Low is usually slow to adjust iirc.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Like I said, we need someone shielding the defence - Kronos Khedira isnt doing that. Just sub off Götze or Özil, they're not taking part either way and put in Weigl or Schweinsteiger if he's fit.

Literally didn't realize Özil was playing....

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004

Götze is invisible and Draxler is playing bad.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nice match so far. For all of their early possession I didn't think Germany looked that great. With all of that talent I would expect them to create better chances.

Ukraine definitely got better and perhaps more settled as the half wore on. Big issue that I'm seeing is that Konoplyanka is generally playing too deep to cover for Howedes. They should be looking to get him further up the pitch.

About the atmosphere, it did start out well thanks to the Ukrainian supporters.

Overall I'd say Germany somewhat lucky to be up 1-0 here.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Germany deserve papped out for Loew's outfit alone. Those pitstains
jose.png

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Ozil was completely invisible, and I agree that Gotze and Muller should switch. Draxler wasn't much better either.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Götze, Özil and Draxler is simply too much of the same. They are all more or less central offensive midfielders and constantly clog up the same part of the field while leaving other parts of the field wide open.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tbf to gotze, he's not getting chances. A couple of times he was in great position for a through ball. It either never came or the ball was crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad