Euro: Group C: Germany vs. Ukraine, 6/12/2016

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
people are sleeping on Ukraine. Barely even got mentioned in any preview shows. Half of their players play in champions league every season.

Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka could play on any top 5 club in europe. They don't have a star striker, but this is a great team.

I think Poland is over-rated.

One thing that speaks against Ukraine is that they have a very divided squad that definitely doesn't have the kind of harmony and unity you typically see in a squad that is successful in a tournament. Some of their players absolutely hate each other and it is hard to imagine that not hurting them.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka will cause a lot of trouble and our fullbacks are our weakpoints. Expecting some goals. 4-2 Germany

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched Kovalenko play at the U-20 WC last year. He beat the USA on his own in the meeting between those two teams. It was pretty incredible. I'm not surprised a year later he's now a starter for their national team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One thing that speaks against Ukraine is that they have a very divided squad that definitely doesn't have the kind of harmony and unity you typically see in a squad that is successful in a tournament. Some of their players absolutely hate each other and it is hard to imagine that not hurting them.

Why do they hate each other?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I have doubts that Schweinsteiger is the player he once was. There are reasons Munich let him go and the last injuries didnt make him stronger too.

München let him go because he didn't fit Pep's plan. True about the injuries, though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Too bad that wasn't a foul. Same with England yesterday.
Deserved lead overall however and nice set play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->