World Cup: Group C: Australia vs. Peru, France vs. Denmark, 6/26/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
God, I only tuned in at the 70 minute mark and I was pleading for the final whistle.
I don't remember which game it was. It was some 20 years ago, but I remember a German announcer saying "in the name of humanity, please no extra time". I would have felt like that if it wasn't group stage.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thomas Delaney just said they were never told the score in the other game, and that he is very tired.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Somewhat baffling that Denmark wouldn't try to score a goal in the last 15 minutes with Peru up a deuce.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Hareide has really managed to make Denmark into a full tortoise team. Very disappointing. I really hope we get something else from now on, since they have qualified for the playoffs.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didier Deschamps' third group game in his last international competitions with France :

France 0-0 Ecuador

France 0-0 Switzerland

France 0-0 Denmark

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Flemming Poulsen only guy saying it as it is!

Not good enough, Denmark are going to be the worst offensive team in the round of 16..

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I reckon France so far look the likeliest winners of the whole thing to me. Another composed, professional performance here. They rarely concede and have enough talent to produce offense when needed. I have them as my favorites to lift the trophy.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Flemming Poulsen only guy saying it as it is!

Not good enough, Denmark are going to be the worst offensive team in the round of 16..

At least so far when it comes to tactical set up if that continues.
When it comes to efficiency Denmark has scored the same number of goals as Peru having far less shots on goal to do so. So it depends on how you calculate worst offensive team [number of chances created, or % of chances missed?]
In this game it was obvious that the Danish plan was basically not to attack, but stall for time.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Enough talent on paper, but they don't look talented offensively on the field right now.
They didn't in th Euros either... DD is really holding them back. He's good enough defensively to avoid a complete catastrophe but I don't see him managing a team to a trophy. Far too passive.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
We'll have to see how they do against bigger teams who are used to push forward. France has always had trouble against teams who sit back, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes when the field opens up a bit, this could really be Mbappe's moment.

There's also the fact that they have a bottom 5 coach in the tournament. DD's extreme rigidity could be the downfall of this team. We'll see.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
At least so far when it comes to tactical set up if that continues.
When it comes to efficiency Denmark has scored the same number of goals as Peru having far less shots on goal to do so. So it depends on how you calculate worst offensive team [number of chances created, or % of chances missed?]
In this game it was obvious that the Danish plan was basically not to attack, but stall for time.
In the round of 16, and I think he not only meant by numbers, but the visual part aswell.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Seriously, how can a team with as much talent as France be so inept offensively? France has managed three goals in the group stages, one dubious penalty and the others were results of fortuitous bounces.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In the round of 16, and I think he not only meant by numbers, but the visual part aswell.

For some weird reason both Eriksen and Sisto has totally lost confidence and form. Jørgensen has been out of form all year on the NT.
Brathwaite (and partly Poulsen) has been the only forwards, that really tries to push forward.
A big factor is also that our wings-backs contribute nothing offensively and then it's more or less impossible in modern football to get anywhere.

Still perplexed that Daniel Wass and Riza Durmisi were left out of this team? [Perhaps they were to offensive in camp :sarcasm: ]

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
For some weird reason both Eriksen and Sisto has totally lost confidence and form. Jørgensen has been out of form all year on the NT.
Brathwaite (and partly Poulsen) has been the only forwards, that really tries to push forward.
A big factor is also that our wings-backs contribute nothing offensively and then it's more or less impossible in modern football to get anywhere.

Still perplexed that Daniel Wass and Riza Durmisi were left out of this team? [Perhaps they were to offensive in camp :sarcasm: ]
They would have given way more offensive bite, that is for sure...

Another reason im not a Hareide fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->