GDT: Group C • May 2 • Sweden 3, Austria 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydog

Oct 19, 2007
Deserved, but lucky.
A goal out of nowhere in the first. Then Austria hit the post. Second goal coming by a double deflection.

It would be more interesting, if Sweden had to do more, like in a tie game. I'm sure Austria couldn't handle the pressure, but it would be more fun to watch.

Guess since Sweden won't take the points won today in the next round, the only positive thing for both sides is that they found their starting goaltender. :sarcasm:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think the problem is that they dnt know each other. They dnt know what their teammates will do.... Loui is just so good that it dosent mather. He can do it all by himself. Hopefuly they get to know each other in the next games. Remember Canada in the first games in the olympics. Lots of stars that couldnt play well together. Later in the competition they managed to play as a team and then Boooooooom!!!

Except that they do.. Berglund and Pääjärvi are new to each other, but Sjögren and Wallin play on the same team and Silfverberg, Krüger, Tedenby etc. are familiar with each other. A couple of fill-ins and you have the whole forward crop. First line is the only one showing some chemistry.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
**** Grossman you can't stay healthy during any thing thats important can you. Dallas down the strech and now the WC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Berglund is damn dominant out there, he has finally found the groove I said he'd have when he was 18.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I liked what I saw from Krüger.

We could really need someone running the PP...

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Nice to win, but this was not a very reassuring performance. I wonder what will happen when we play a good team. Thank god that the US have had an insane amount of rejections.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
An okay game by Sweden. Still many things that needs to be improve.

I also want Tedenby, fernholm and OEL to leave the team. They are just too bad.

Tedenby just falls on the ice where ever he might be, but Fernholm and OEL werent even the worst defenders on the team today. Petrasek, Gunnarsson were god awful.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
A win is a win. We played pretty badly but I will not overdramatize this performance. In 2nd and 3rd we controlled the play, and I hope that we will improve the team chemistry in next games.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Tedenby just falls on the ice where ever he might be, but Fernholm and OEL werent even the worst defenders on the team today. Petrasek, Gunnarsson were god awful.
Petrasek can be used in PP, he has a great shot. OEL on the other hand is bad everywhere on the ice. Even in the offence and he is suppose to be an offensive deffender, right? :shakehead

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
The forwards just stopped passing the dmen inthe offensive zone for long stretches, thats how bad they all are.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Rickard Wallin, what a friggin joke. The guy is past his prime by about 5yrs, he's as soft as a marshmellow and he's not a fourth liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad