Euro: Group B: Wales vs. Slovakia, 6/11/2016

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
can someone explain to me this "next stage qualification play off"...so the 3rd place teams of each group will play an extra game to make it to the 2nd round?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
can someone explain to me this "next stage qualification play off"...so the 3rd place teams of each group will play an extra game to make it to the 2nd round?

The 4 best 3rd place teams qualify for the next round. No extra games.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

There's 6 groups. Top 2 from each group automatically advance to the knockout round (12 teams). The 4 highest ranking 3rd place teams also move into the knockout phase.

The winners of groups A, B, C, and D will face these 3rd place teams in the first knockout round.

Based on the way the bracket is set up, the earliest a 3rd place team could play another is the semis.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ref has lost the plot, lots of ugly stuff.

Yea, he's not had a good opening 30 minutes.

Several fouls he's let go that should have been obvious free kicks, and the card he showed was for a tackle that wasn't any worse (probably was better) than one he didn't even call a foul on 5 minutes prior.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Skrtel's legs are completely gone. Stuff like that is all he has left on the pitch.

And he can hit a ball and put no spin on it

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
The 4 best 3rd place teams qualify for the next round. No extra games.

There's 6 groups. Top 2 from each group automatically advance to the knockout round (12 teams). The 4 highest ranking 3rd place teams also move into the knockout phase.

The winners of groups A, B, C, and D will face these 3rd place teams in the first knockout round.

Based on the way the bracket is set up, the earliest a 3rd place team could play another is the semis.

ahh I see, I just thought was some sort of new format for the 3rd placed team of each group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad