Euro: Group B: Russia vs. Slovakia, 6/15/2016

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Surprised to see Russia playing so poorly.

I'm not. They didn't do anything in the game against England. The equalizer was only to blame on the English. Too slow, too lazy.
This Russian team is not good at all.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'm not. They didn't do anything in the game against England. The equalizer was only to blame on the English. Too slow, too lazy.
This Russian team is not good at all.

Seems like they are starting to wake up.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Absolutely nothing working for the Russians, this really is one of the poorest showing I've seen from them in awhile.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It's like those Russian players have no effort. Everything they do seems slow and kind of half-assed. Pretty poor effort for National Team showing.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Hamsik was the key difference in this game, we didn't have that kind of player

Hopefully this game will be a lesson for Slutsky to not play Golovin

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Hamsik was the key difference in this game, we didn't have that kind of player

Hopefully this game will be a lesson for Slutsky to not play Golovin
Regardless of the players, why did Russia give away the first part of the game again? After the UEFA sanction, I was expecting them to come out with full effort.

Gruß,
BSHH

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Russia could be embarassed in two years when they host World Cup, even in a light group. They basically must beat Wales to have any chance of third place. Good win for Slovakia but due to H2H tie breaks they will probably finish 3rd unless to get something from England

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Russia could be embarassed in two years when they host World Cup, even in a light group. They basically must beat Wales to have any chance of third place. Good win for Slovakia but due to H2H tie breaks they will probably finish 3rd unless to get something from England

Dzagoev changes them drastically. If they trust Neustadter in the heart of their defense (alongside Fernandes), and a kid like Miranchuk establishes himself; they could actually be interesting. But Slutsky certainly has a lot of work to do rebuilding the mess that Capello left him; and they'll need good fortune with fitness n form with their key players.

If things do break their way tho, and Slutsky can establish a similarly smooth attacking structure as he did with ZSKA, they could actually make some waves as they did in 2008...at least until they get cocky & choke. I'd be interested to see something like this:

Dzyuba/Smolov/Kokorin - Cheryshev
Miranchuk
Shennikov - Shatov - Dzagoev - Smolnikov
Neustadter - Novoseltsev/Chernov/Lystsov - Fernandes
Akinfeev​

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's been good defensively, hasn't produced much offensively but that's not his primary job. And he works hard, as always.

Yep, that's Pek. Very sturdy defensive player. Although he's limited with the ball and not as secure/safe as a Tony Jantschke; he's still very effective in this role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad