Euro: Group B: RUS vs. WAL & ENG vs. SVK, 6/20/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Any team that wins is assured of going through, can't see any third place team with four points failing to do so. Wales, Slovakia, and England all have a chance to win the group.

I assume that England will win and the other game will be a draw.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
England's lineup is a really interesting question for me. Both Vardy and Sturridge played well after coming on and Kane/Sterling haven't done anything in the first two games, but I'm not sure if I can see England sitting Kane.

Sterling should be sitting for sure, but then again I don't think he should have been starting the first game, much less the second, so who knows. At this point based on form I'd put Rashford ahead of him too.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Rooney play limited minutes with the idea of giving him some rest before the R16 games.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea that lineup makes a lot of sense. I'd expect him to use at least 1 or 2 of the subs to tinker with the midfield if things aren't clicking. I'd also half expect Rashford to come on at some point to give one of the front guys some rest.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I want whatever needs to happen to pap Wales and England out as soon as possible to happen.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I want whatever needs to happen to pap Wales and England out as soon as possible to happen.

Well, if Russia and Slovakia both win, I believe that would be enough.

Definitely for Slovakia, while Russia may need to win by a couple extra goals to get over. A win would only tie them with England.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

A Scotsman walks into a pub, usually there's an Englishman, an Irishman & a Welshman with him but they're all in France for the Euros.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
England probably has enough points to finish in the top four of the third place teams. Still, please don't settle England, kick Slovakia's butt, group B winner gets to play one of the third placers.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
England had a 97% chance of getting to the next round if they finish third, that was before the first group played. Albania were third with 3 points, so there's an even higher chance England are safe.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pulling for Wales. A slovakia win would certainly be entertaining, though unlikely.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The Russians did nothing good at this Euros, so I think the Welsh and the English and the Slovaks will advance.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Russians did nothing good at this Euros, so I think the Welsh and the English and the Slovaks will advance.

I dunno if I can agree with that...they did irritate the English pretty effectively.

And on a serious note, Glushakov's goal was pretty.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I dunno if I can agree with that...they did irritate the English pretty effectively.

And on a serious note, Glushakov's goal was pretty.

Please put the second game into your judgement.
The Slovaks want to win games, so do the Welsh. I don't see that on the Russians. Except for the England game, but that can be blamed on the English poor defending.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have Slovakia winning and Russia at least grabbing a draw.

Slovakia have looked solid when I've watched them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad