GDT: Group B - May 9 - Germany vs Korea

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Relegation has become 99.5% for sure.

I just want to see how well we will convert the experience we gain from this competition to develop the game in the country.

Watching how Korean Ice Hockey Association approached and prepared this tournament, I really doubt good things will come.

Your hockey program needs to work on fundamentals first and foremost. Player #9 on your team barely skates for christ sake

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It might take a longer time for them to develop, but I think they're capable of reaching that place themselves.
Countries get more money, more resources, more everything from getting better results.

The only reason they made it anywhere is because of Dalton.

There's plenty of teams doing what you say that have never made it past division 1, 2, or 3.

Maybe in a hundred years they could be where they are now with a few foreigners.

sytheman

Mar 8, 2017
Seoul, Korea
Your hockey program needs to work on fundamentals first and foremost. Player #9 on your team barely skates for christ sake
Definitely we will have to start from the scratch. Meantime, the game needs to take roots to compete against likes of baseball, football(soccer) and volleyball to attract better athletes to pick up hockey sticks.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Definitely we will have to start from the scratch. Meantime, the game needs to take roots to compete against likes of baseball, football(soccer) and volleyball to attract better athletes to pick up hockey sticks.
How do you perceive the future of the sport in South Korea? Do you think that the work to develop hockey will continue now with the Olympic games behind?

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
Can someone give me a report on these players?
-Frederik Tiffels
-Marcel Noebels
-Matthias Plachta
Thanks in advance :)

What exactly are you looking for?
All three of them played (Noebels, Plachta) or play (Tiffels) for an AHL team before returning to Germany. Noebels was drafted 2011 fourth round 118th overall by Philadelphia Flyers, Tiffels was drafted 2015 6th round, 167th overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Currently Noebels is LF for Berlin Polarbears, had 14 points (6G, 8A) in 18 games this season, +/- is +10, he usually played left wing on the third line if I recall correctly.
Plachta is LF for Adler Mannheim, 5 points (2G, 3A) in 9 games, +/- is 0, right wing, first line, I believe.
Noebels and Tiffels have elite prospect pages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad