12 Mads Christensen

Scratched:
G 39 George Sorensen
F 50 Mathias Bau

Last edited:

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
gotta feel like this is gonna be a tighter one, 3-1 finland. andersen playing a great game.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I have been positively impressed by the Finns. The way they play kind of reminds me of the Tampa Bay Lightning. It must be the speed, I guess.

Oh, it's just Korea, Latvia and Norway, a bunch of bums, you say? Well, no. Latvia and Norway have usually had close games against them before. These were a couple of record breaking losses vs. Finland for these two teams.

The Finnish speed and efficiency have been truly mind boggling. It's as if they've been playing together for years. It's just a treat to watch.

And the way Aho makes guys like Savinainen look elite is just weird. They almost kicked him out of Yugra this season. That's the worst team in the KHL. He had 17 points in 50 games.

Now, Denmark does have a little bit more talent, especially offensively, so they might expose some shortcomings on Team Finland, yet something tells me that this is going to be another beatdown.

And, you know what, I would't be surprised in the slightest if they ended up at the top of Group B after the round robin.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
We really need Rask, Rinne or Saros to come over. Denmark has clear goalie advantage. Theres a legendary and bit clownsh guy who had alot of sayings, from which couple are facts. One of them is

"If team has clearly better goalie than other team, it wins every time"

If we went into any "even" league game with this kind of goalie difference, this would easily stand. But because Finland has that much better offense, goalie difference wont decide it tonight.

Id say its going to be "surprisingly" thight because of goalie advantage and all around not-greatest but very solid team. Still predict Finnish W at least in OT or SO, Results bets: 4-3, 4-2, 3-3

Game flow: Finland dominates with puck, but Denmark defends and goalie stands on his head. Refs whistle for underdog for symphaty just like yesterday, and Danes barry their few chances because our goalie wont be able to be as good as theirs. Game looks more even in scoreboard than on puck posession.

Gameflow, alternate reality: Finlands 1-2 Lines are just too good even for denmark, they destroy the D and eat them alive, score empty netters and slot rippers that cant be stopped By any gaolie and we blow out them too, 5-1, 5-0, 6-1

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
We really need Rask, Rinne or Saros to come over. Denmark has clear goalie advantage. Theres a legendary and bit clownsh guy who had alot of sayings, from which couple are facts. One of them is

If we went into any "even" league game with this kind of goalie difference, this would easily stand. But because Finland has that much better offense, goalie difference wont decide it tonight.

Id say its going to be "surprisingly" thight because of goalie advantage and all around not-greatest but very solid team. Still predict Finnish W at least in OT or SO, Results bets: 4-3, 4-2, 3-3

Game flow: Finland dominates with puck, but Denmark defends and goalie stands on his head. Refs whistle for underdog for symphaty just like yesterday, and Danes barry their few chances because our goalie wont be able to be as good as theirs. Game looks more even in scoreboard than on puck posession.

Gameflow, alternate reality: Finlands 1-2 Lines are just too good even for denmark, they destroy the D and eat them alive, score empty netters and slot rippers that cant be stopped By any gaolie and we blow out them too, 5-1, 5-0, 6-1

Yeah, no worries. A goalie difference in your as..eh is your subjective mental image projected to independent REALITY if you let me follow honorable Mr. FiLe's legendary wordings here.

The Game Flow Scenario, on the other hand, that sounds like words of a reasonable objective man.

What there will be instead after the fat lady looking like zebra on ice sings is a GOAL DIFFERENCE of that constant 7 goals in favour of the Impivaaran Jyske aka the Lions of Finland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Retroglyphs

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Andersen will be a nice challenge. We'll see how effective team Finland really is.

WTF is this Andersen chap, anyway??

Since when has Denmark started to develop world class net-minders?
One VEIN PULL (aka suonenveto) season in some
Herning hockey club or IF Båros won't make, hahah,
a goalie of elite standards.
The kiddo
- whoever he is then -will be shot to pieces and out onto the end of a long wooden
bench ears red like their flag's backdrop behind the white cross signifying surrender before the allmighty
Finns.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

The kiddo
- whoever he is then -will be shot to pieces and out onto the end of a long wooden
bench ears red like their flag's backdrop behind the white cross signifying surrender before the allmighty
Finns.
Having a good team apparently doesn't suit Finns, you guys have been especially cheeky this WC.

Reactions: ThaiTanicDK

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo

The difference between a great goalie and a good goalie is about 1 more saved SOG per 100 SOG made. It might be 5-1, not 6-1 because of Andersen. It's not going to be 4-3 because of their goalie.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Määttä and Rask won't be joining the team. Rask is not a surprise, but Määttä would've been a needed reinforcement to our not-so stacked defense.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I have also been impressed by the Finns, and they will be a tough nut to crack for USA and Canada.

And in all likelihood it will be a Finnish victory tonight, but maybe not as easy as some Finns in here seem to expect. Finland has great top end talent but not quite as much depth as Canada and USA, and the defense and goaltender position is not All-star quality either.

Denmark need puck-luck to keep pace, and most of all we need to limit personal mistakes and to keep away from the penalty-box to stand a chance. The big question is though; how will the lines look like with the addition of Mikkel Boedker and Jannik Hansen, and will the lines click. I expect to see a Danish team that will try to compete, and will be coached accordingly.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The difference between a great goalie and a good goalie is about 1 more saved SOG per 100 SOG made. It might be 5-1, not 6-1 because of Andersen. It's not going to be 4-3 because of their goalie.
What is it with you?

Serious question, ever since you joined, you have seemed very negative towards Danish success, and always rate them to loose. and every time they play and beat Latvia, it is always lucky.
Is it hard for you, when teams like Denmark might do a bit better than Latvia against a team like Finland? - Not a guarantee, but you and some of the fin posters, seem to think a reinforced home team, is going to get beaten worse by Finland, than they have been by better US and CAN teams.

I am Canadian, and watched the CAN game, and 7-1 does not reflect how well DK played at times.

I still believe Denmark will loose tonight, no doubt, just very curious about your reasons behind always popping up in Danish threads, to talk down their success?

And no, just because DK have an elite goalie, is no guarantee for a win, but your logic about one more saved shot per 100sog is hyperbolic to say the least. But you seem to forget the rest of the team, is on paper better than LAT aswell.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

The kiddo
Finns.
You have doomed us.

Reactions: Macbanan

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Yeah, no worries. A goalie difference in your as..eh is your subjective mental image projected to independent REALITY if you let me follow honorable Mr. FiLe's legendary wordings here.

The Game Flow Scenario, on the other hand, that sounds like words of a reasonable objective man.

What there will be instead after the fat lady looking like zebra on ice sings is a GOAL DIFFERENCE of that constant 7 goals in favour of the Impivaaran Jyske aka the Lions of Finland.

:laugh::popcorn:

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

No, you're totally right - it's the f***ing defense that finally has to get their shit together. :naughty::eek::laugh:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Having a good team apparently doesn't suit Finns, you guys have been especially cheeky this WC.

Boh. Chill, man. There is a word for this kinda good will ribbing and joking in Finnish which is HURTTI. Hurtti humour won't hurt you if you ain't an immature cry-baby, a too serious and stiff dude who cannot play the game of hurtti humour but instead gets butt hurt due to lack of it and lack of sense of it. Also, these transnational jokes on other Nordic countries addressing their stereotypes, funny characteristics to an outsider, habits and what not are always made in chill and mutually respecting mood.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
What is it with you?

Serious question, ever since you joined, you have seemed very negative towards Danish success, and always rate them to loose. and every time they play and beat Latvia, it is always lucky.
Is it hard for you, when teams like Denmark might do a bit better than Latvia against a team like Finland? - Not a guarantee, but you and some of the fin posters, seem to think a reinforced home team, is going to get beaten worse by Finland, than they have been by better US and CAN teams.

I am Canadian, and watched the CAN game, and 7-1 does not reflect how well DK played at times.

I still believe Denmark will loose tonight, no doubt, just very curious about your reasons behind always popping up in Danish threads, to talk down their success?

And no, just because DK have an elite goalie, is no guarantee for a win, but your logic about one more saved shot per 100sog is hyperbolic to say the least. But you seem to forget the rest of the team, is on paper better than LAT aswell.
How am I being negative? I just love the way Finns play.

The difference between a mediocre goalie in the NHL with an average SVS% and a Vezina-winning elite goalie is literally a 1% difference in SVS%. That's 1 goal per 100 SOG.

I have absolutely nothing against the Danes, they're just clearly worse than Finland. And I'm not sure what success you're referring to.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Boh. Chill, man. There is a word for this kinda good will ribbing and joking in Finnish which is HURTTI. Hurtti humour won't hurt you if you ain't an immature cry-baby, a too serious and stiff dude who cannot play the game of hurtti humour but instead gets butt hurt due to lack of it and lack of sense of it. Also, these transnational jokes on other Nordic countries addressing their stereotypes, funny characteristics to an outsider, habits and what not are always made in chill and mutually respecting mood.
Well, it was half me not fully understanding your post, with all the Finn word interjections.

And part me forgetting a smiley, I am not mad :) Just see a lot of cheeky Finns, who need to go back to their saunas :naughty::sarcasm:

Reactions: Hulide and Loffer

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

The difference between a mediocre goalie in the NHL with an average SVS% and a Vezina-winning elite goalie is literally a 1% difference in SVS%. That's 1 goal per 100 SOG.

I have absolutely nothing against the Danes, they're just clearly worse than Finland. And I'm not sure what success you're referring to.

That's all the answer I need.

In the NHL buddy, with better allround teams facing them, not a WC where there are plenty teams way below NHL level.

You just always seem to pop up in threads with Denmark, even prospects back in the day with remarks to calm expectations and such.

Oh well, I doubt id ever get you to aknowledge it :)

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Alright. But do not complain afterwards, that I didn't warn you about Nicklas Jensen's booming slap shot.
Get ready for the first upset at the WHC 2018. :popcorn:

Reactions: Macbanan and Loffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->