GDT: Group B - May 6 - Germany vs Norway

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Gratz Norway.
It's pretty much a pointless tournament now for the Germans.
They not gonna get relegated as long as there is Korea, but no quarter finals either.
Kinda a meeeehhhh tournament now playing 6 games pretty much just for fun^^

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Gratz Norway.
They not gonna get relegated as long as there is Korea, but no quarter finals either.

I think noone should understimate Korea. That can end very horribly.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Gratz Norway.

As a Norwegian, I wish you will be right in this. But it's kind of early IMHO. They are after all not far behind. A regulation win against Latvia will propel them high.

Reactions: Bobby G

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Did Mathis Olimb bang the referee’s wife before the game or something?
The referee didn’t’ seem to like him :laugh:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
As a Norwegian, I wish you will be right in this. But it's kind of early IMHO. They are after all not far behind. A regulation win against Latvia will propel them high.
Korea isn't as bad as Canada and Finland made them look. It's likely they're going to steal at least a point off of Germany/Denmark/Latvia/Norway. Look how close their exhibition games were.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Korea isn't as bad as Canada and Finland made them look. It's likely they're going to steal at least a point off of Germany/Denmark/Latvia/Norway. Look how close their exhibition games were.

Yep. People seem to understimate them. Hell, they played against Germany with Draisatl and almost won.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
why not? germany is not better than norway and denmark, people are starting to overate germany after that silver medal in olympics, its getting ridiculous.

Well, yes - and no.
Yes, there some people who don't know a whole lot about ice hockey, and cannot put this silver medal, awesome as it may be, into context.
But also no, because we had to replace many very solid regular players on the team. Goc, Schütz, Reimer, Macek, Pföderl, Kink, Fauser, Ehrhoff you name it ... 15 players in total. Particularly our wing has become vulnerable because of that. We're going to pay a price for it (no QF), but we won't be relegated, and there will be better days than today. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Frannel

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
why not? germany is not better than norway and denmark, people are starting to overate germany after that silver medal in olympics, its getting ridiculous.
This makes no sense.

Denmark is one of the biggest contenders of the mid-majors.

Norway is a declining program, already one of the weakest mid-majors, and I wouldn't be surprised if they fell further.

It's like saying Finland is no better than Canada and the Czech Republic. The two things are not equal.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Im guessing Germany didnt think theyd start the tournament like this
I would not be surprised if that is calculated. The team is just not that strong.
Well, yes - and no.
Yes, there some people who don't know a whole lot about ice hockey, and cannot put this silver medal, awesome as it may be, into context.
But also no, because we had to replace many very solid regular players on the team. Goc, Schütz, Reimer, Macek, Pföderl, Kink, Fauser, Ehrhoff you name it ... 15 players in total. Particularly our wing has become vulnerable because of that. We pay a price for that (no QF), but we won't be relegated, and there will be better days than today. :nod:
I'm still in shock that it wasn't gold...

Reactions: Frannel

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
I would not be surprised if that is calculated. The team is just not that strong.

I think, Marco Sturm hoped for a win against Denmark and kind of expected a win against Norway - but the team hasn't found its chemistry yet like it had in the Olympics so it is a bit of an upset, but most hockey fans here know: reaching the quaterfinals was the goal but never a given. So, it is a disappointment but not a total surprise.
In the game against the USA the team showed it really is a team and that it can play as a team - but the USA are just better and in the 2nd the refs were giving some unnecessary penalties hurting Germany more than the US...

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->