GDT: Group B - May 15 - Finland vs USA

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Coleman channeled his inner Kreider there.

After seeing how good of a sport Canada was after their loss, almost forgot that NA teams tend to go full Pejorative Slur when the game is already settled.

E: Forgot Ekblad's comments after the game, but yeah, didn't go Pejorative Slur on ice.

Reactions: Koijari

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Lets not get carried away. Couple of crosschecks and sloppy high sticks. It's not like they were truly head hunting Finns or trying to knee 'em to oblivion. Frustrated for sure, but they had zero puck luck today and Finns really found their composure when it mattered the most.

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Congrats Finland!

Best friend was from Finland growing up, almost got thrown out of their apartment when Sweden won. Hate to loose against u but when you go against others i want you to win.

Yous just summed up my feelings. When not playing against Sweden hoping the best for the Swedes.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I like Jokinen after all as a commentator. Maybe quite basic stuff that he is talking about, but in my opinion still quite essential things after all. And I like his comments in general. To me he shows experience in his opinions. But definitely Kivi is the best commentator of the studio now. I just love his style. A very charismatic guy whom sure knows what he is talking about.

I love Olli Jokinen in the studio as well. I didn't think he would be this good. I don't like Petteri Nokelainen too much though.

Reactions: Ippenator

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah we have been ridiculously lucky in this game, but you have to deserve the luck by doing some great things.

I honestly felt Finland being lucky in both CAN and USA games. It was the opposite in GER game. QF vs SUI or who ever will be very hard if we don't get this kind of start then.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Ok congratulation to Finland. They will have to play now against Switzerland in quarterfinal. This is a problem now for me. For whom should I cheer? One side for Switzerland one side for Finland.
Finland shouldn't understimate Switzerland, we also have a strong team. Ok no Aho.
I dare a prediction: if Finland shows the Denmark/Germany face, Switzerland wins, if they show the Canada/USA face Finland wins. Concerning Finland I'm the opinion Marjamäki should put from now on Säteri in the goal. He played very solid, also against the strong teams like Canada and USA.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Ok congratulation to Finland. They will have paly now agains Switzerland in quarterfinal. This is a problem now for me. For whom should I cheer now? One side for Switzerland one side for Finland.
Finland shouldn't understimate Switzerland, we also have a strong team. Ok no Aho.
I dare a prediction: if Finland shows the Denmark/Germany face, Switzerland wins, if they show the Canada/USA face Finland wins. Concerning Finland I'm the opinion Marjamäki should put from now on Säteri in the goal. He played very solid, also against the strong teams like Canada and USA.
Säteri has been amazing, way better than I ever hoped. It would be a career suicide to play Husso in any upcoming games.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Ok congratulation to Finland. They will have to play now against Switzerland in quarterfinal. This is a problem now for me. For whom should I cheer? One side for Switzerland one side for Finland.

Hard one. SUI could make a historic result here. What's the best result for them anyways, silver I guess?

However Finland would challenge who ever they would meet in semi final better than SUI most likely. At least higher chance for it.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Can't find out what time will the Fin-Swi game start?

Usually these things aren't decided before the groups are complete. I'll predict that 1-2 hours after RUS-SWE ends.

Especially when Denmark can make it to the QF as the host country, they get the time slot they want over anyone I believe.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Hard one. SUI could make a historic result here. What's the best result for them anyways, silver I guess?

However Finland would challenge who ever they would meet in semi final better than SUI most likely. At least higher chance for it.

Yes, silver medal when the whc was held in Helsinki/Turku. I don't remember the year, it was quite a long time ago.
The scouts from USA/Canada brought Josi after this championship in the NHL and if I remember correctly also Niederreiter the teammate of Granlund in the NHL.

Reactions: Mestaruus

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad