GDT: Group B - May 14 - Canada vs Latvia

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Well to be honest, if McDavid put in that kind of effort from the beginning, the game would've been over by mid 2nd period.
McDavids effort has not been lacking, His linemates and defensive pairing def have been, whiffing on shots, tripping over their own skates, taking soft floaters on net, etc etc. Most of the team is in vacation mode. Ekblad has been hot garbage all tournament. This is a 1st overall dman in his 5th NHL season. Looks terrible.

Kookel

May 10, 2018
Tenerife
Sure, but Latvia gets a big boost from this, while Denmark didn't exactly tank confidence against Korea.

I am almost certain Latvia takes it tomorrow.
Haha glass is always half empty for you! Two days rest for DK and they will beat Latvia with 2 goals tomorrow! DK will return the favor when the world championships are in Latvia

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Thank you based mcdavid.
Edited to maximize the Canadian-ness of the pic.
IMG_0981.JPG

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
We will be totally out of gas, while you guys have fresh legs. Smart scheduling i'd say.

Host team has some say on their own team's schedule and that may affect other teams schedules as there are certain game slots. It is what it is. Finland has benefitted of it in their home tournaments so I'm not going to complain that Finland had 3x back to back games in the group play. Well I sort of did complain about it but you know :).

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
After the Finland loss I thought Canada would turn it on but at this point I'm kinda wondering if they have it. But a win in the QF(I assume it will be against a good opponent) could turn things around fast.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
After the Finland loss I thought Canada would turn it on but at this point I'm kinda wondering if they have it. But a win in the QF(I assume it will be against a good opponent) could turn things around fast.

It's so often the case with Canada that they indeed turn it around. Their goalies are pretty bad so I dunno if they are the gold favorites anymore.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
McDavid is playing like one of those guys on a small team where he's the one guy who plays in the NHL and everyone else plays in the Kyrgyzstan 2nd division

So true. Well put.

Or McDavid didn't party last night and the others did. Does McDavid drink alcohol at all anyways? I bet that he doesn't.

adolfz

Oct 11, 2007
Riga
a very good and modern hockey game, the gane Nudges-Hopkins recognized hes not a tough guy :D

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Disappointing tourney for us for sure this year. I can handle losing to Finland but you don't beat Latvia 2-1 in overtime. Yeah, a medal might not be in the cards this year.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Disappointing tourney for us for sure this year. I can handle losing to Finland but you don't beat Latvia 2-1 in overtime. Yeah, a medal might not be in the cards this year.
The last time we drew Canada in 1997, you went on to win the World Championship.

adolfz

Oct 11, 2007
Riga
but lets not take it away from Latvia, nearly perfect game. All hail Bob Hartley, a lot of respect to him and Canadians. Canada played 80% Latvia 95%, 1 point really helped us without casualties. good times :))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad