GDT: Group B - May 10 - USA vs Latvia

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Wow. Pathetic.

Good game for the Latvians.

Now. Derek Ryan. I never thought he was good but childish today would not suffice. He looked like a little kindergartener out there. Brian Gibbons was a total waste of oxygen. We brought a very progressive team and just got bullied around. Kreider was the only effective guy and Lee was the only one who could hold on to the puck for more than 2 seconds through any sort of contact.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Strong showing from the Latvians. Definitely a good team, good quickness. US is going to have to be a lot better than they were today going forward.

Reactions: Frannel

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
If Latvia will play against Den and Ger like they did today (minus #27) they have shot to make quarters.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm eager to see what happens when Latvia plays Denmark later in the round. Could be a case of winner advances.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
That softie tho. We could've won the game in regulation. It was still a good game for him overall, but he did make a mistake there.

Sure. But im sure he understands that. Important thing is that this softie doesnt eat away at him in the game against Germany.

Reactions: Chainshot

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Kane and Gaudreau have looked embarrassingly bad this tournament. If I didn't know who they were beforehand I'd have never guessed they were more than average NHLers.

Dave Reid calling out the horse **** calls as well now during intermission hahaha!!!

the horrific goalie interference call on Kinkaid where the guy actually skates in the crease, and then the horrific call on Lee where they slow mo the Latvian goalie literally reaching out to hit Lee who isn't even in the crease and then flops in the air like he got shot..lol...I guess everyone is watching a different game than 1-2 of you great Latvian fans here...

all good, regardless of the horse **** calls, team USA has been brutal and if they lose no one to blame but themselves for playing this poorly,.

3rd period better be an all out storm troop for this team, no reason to be this close.
The only truly bad calls was when they took the latvian players two times when Gaudreau was the only one committing a penalty. US was undisciplined and unfocused.

Reactions: Frannel and TheNip

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kane and Gaudreau have looked embarrassingly bad this tournament. If I didn't know who they were beforehand I'd have never guessed they were more than average NHLers.

The only truly bad calls was when they took the latvian players two times when Gaudreau was the only one committing a penalty. US was undisciplined and unfocused.

Gaudreau and Kane have 10p between them... That's not breaking any records but is more than respectable. Gaudreau could have had 3-4 points today easy.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Thought the Latvians played an exceptional game. Was really impressed with their speed and their structure. US was fortunate to get out with 2 points. US forwards were cheating a lot I thought, playing on the wrong side of the puck, creeping up in the offensive zone, slow on the backcheck, leading to terrible gaps. Hope it was just a bad game. McAvoy should help, but he was playing in a brace and looked restricted in his movement until late in the Lightning series. Very surprised he came.

Reactions: Frannel and Bobby G

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Gaudreau and Kane have 10p between them... That's not breaking any records but is more than respectable. Gaudreau could have had 3-4 points today easy.
That's not very impressive when you look at their opponents and the icetime they get (playing entire 5-on-3s, tons of 5-on-4). Aho has 12 points already, Rakell 10, McDavid 10.. the role those guys have is the same as what Gaudreau/Kane play on the US team which shows how poorly they are performing in comparison.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That's not very impressive when you look at their opponents and the icetime they get (playing entire 5-on-3s, tons of 5-on-4). Aho has 12 points already, Rakell 10, McDavid 10.. the role those guys have is the same as what Gaudreau/Kane play on the US team which shows how poorly they are performing in comparison.

Those guys have also played much softer competition thus far. Aho putting up 10p in his first two games has little bearing on the effectiveness of Kane and Gaudreau, who have already connected to score big goals vs Canada, Germany, and Latvia. The plays they made to win it in OT yesterday were ridiculous.

USA has yet to play Korea or Norway - the two weakest teams in their group. I'd bet they pile up some more points to satisfy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad