World Cup: Group B: Iran vs. Portugal, Spain vs. Morocco 6/25/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I missed this game, but it was clear in the first 2 that Portugal doesn't have much besides Ronaldo and a decent goalie.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i knew iran had a much stronger team this year than in 2014 but i had zero expectations for them in that group

did not expect them to play as well as they did and come that close to advancing out of a group with spain and portugal. they've got a great young core of talent and will be making some noise in asian football for a while

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
i knew iran had a much stronger team this year than in 2014 but i had zero expectations for them in that group

did not expect them to play as well as they did and come that close to advancing out of a group with spain and portugal. they've got a great young core of talent and will be making some noise in asian football for a while

Hopefully, your FA looks at the way you were able to put some of those attacks together and tries to get the team to play a more proactive style at the Asia Cup...be that just by instructing the current coach to be more proactive or by finding someone new who will do that for you.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Forgot to mention, FWIW, the call on the Iran penalty was a joke. Using VAR, no less.
Very similar to the silly penalty in the Australia-Denmark game.
Neither Poulsen nor Cedric had any time to react, held their arms in perfectly normal positions, and the ball wasn't exactly travelling to an open net.

A horrible decision, which completely alters how the brackets look like in the KO rounds.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Forgot to mention, FWIW, the call on the Iran penalty was a joke. Using VAR, no less.
Very similar to the silly penalty in the Australia-Denmark game.
Neither Poulsen nor Cedric had any time to react, held their arms in perfectly normal positions, and the ball wasn't exactly travelling to an open net.

A horrible decision, which completely alters how the brackets look like in the KO rounds.
The Penalty awarded to Ronaldo was just as bad. It was likely "even up call" as they would say in hockey

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Not just advancing.....they came within about a foot of winning the whole ****ing group. :laugh:

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->